Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some trays in my HD saddlebags that were really handy. Does anyone know if these or some type of organizers are available for Indian?

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I like this idea, but I foresee a problem with it. When I am traveling with the wife, my bags fill up really fast, especially when we make stops and she dosen't want to carry her helmet, jacket, chaps/leggings, backpack, whatever else she wants to bring with her. Also when we are on longer trips, the bags fill up with clothes and sundries. I would be worried that I would break the shelf if I stuff a lot of, well, stuff in the bags.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just bought a set of these. They pop in and out easily. There is a locking bar thats holds the tray in place. When you need to pack the bag full, pop the bar out and the pieces lay flat. Youtube the product, there is a 2 min video.

Watch "RYT-There Saddle Bag Shelf Set No Tool Installation" on YouTube

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,075 Posts
I just installed a set of those too. Had to alter the install a bit, (left out the plastic plate) as I have saddlebag liners, but still worked.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I bit the bullet and ordered a set. After installing them in the left bag, I discovered that they don't work with the quick-release latches. The front latch holds, but it is REALLY tight, and does not lie flat against the wall of the bag with the organizer installed. I have a tech support e-mail in to Hardstreet, and I ordered the 2019 latch parts through CheapCycleParts, just in case.

·
Registered
2021 Indian Roadmaster
67 Posts
To those that have installed these shelves, how are they holding up and do you like them?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,075 Posts
They're holding up pretty good. I like them when I'm carrying a bunch of small stuff. Doesn't really work well for storing jackets or half helmet though. In those cases, removal of the shelf is simple enough. Because i have liners also installed, they're a bit hard to pop out because it's pretty snug.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts