Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Ordering process - 2023 Chieftain Dark Horse

356 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Crozb
Hi all,

One week to the day (Last Saturday) my dealer told me the order is "in" on my 2023 Chieftain Dark Horse.

I spent the better part of an hour reading all the "order process and delay" threads here and I really don't care how long it takes to build. I expect over the 6 weeks my dealers said. However, not one thread said more than 5 days from the order at dealer than they got an email at least CONFIRMING the order has been received, I have nothing one week later and my dealer says he has nothing ( no order number at least?).

Is this normal? I have ordered 5 different "custom" cars and production numbers and estimated dates are at least given.

I just want indian to send me the confirmation email then I know it is out of my hands. Too much to ask?

Thanks for any insight!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Bronze member
6,277 Posts
Hi all,

One week to the day (Last Saturday) my dealer told me the order is "in" on my 2023 Chieftain Dark Horse.

I spent the better part of an hour reading all the "order process and delay" threads here and I really don't care how long it takes to build. I expect over the 6 weeks my dealers said. However, not one thread said more than 5 days from the order at dealer than they got an email at least CONFIRMING the order has been received, I have nothing one week later and my dealer says he has nothing ( no order number at least?).

Is this normal? I have ordered 5 different "custom" cars and production numbers and estimated dates are at least given.

I just want indian to send me the confirmation email then I know it is out of my hands. Too much to ask?

Thanks for any insight!

Sometimes they get behind with the notifications

· Registered
2022 Indian Scout Rogue ABS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Along with tracking email from Indian, my dealer has been updating me twice a week
Wow. I wouldn't really need that from the dealer (twice a week, on a new build?) but I still never received the intro email from Indian as of today. Customer service did tell me my estimated ship date 2/2-2/16 when I reached out and that's it.

I went on polaris.com myself and found the order is confirmed. That's it. Just a silly system I feel. I'd like an email at some point is all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts