Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Ordered an oil filter from indian

1557 Views 25 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  nebula8080
They sent me ONE CASE. I only paid $14.99 for a case of filters. Think I am set for a while now. Ha ha ha
Rectangle Material property Font Circle Recreation
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2021 Springfield Dark Horse
671 Posts
Score!!

I did that a while back... thought I was ordering one fitting so I ordered 2 since I needed 2 fittings and the price was way affordable. 2 packs of 25 showed up. Been trying to unload them for months now but I guess there is not much demand for hood holder clips on Toyotas?

· Rider
2017 Chieftain 116 BBK Silver Smoke
649 Posts
Hopefully it won't be like the single filter I received that had wankered threads and I could not get it to tighten up even halfway. Maybe that's why you got so many, might be one good one in the whole bunch that you can actually use....

To be fair, this is the first time I have gotten a bad filter....Shit happens.

· Registered
15 Posts
Hopefully it won't be like the single filter I received that had wankered threads and I could not get it to tighten up even halfway. Maybe that's why you got so many, might be one good one in the whole bunch that you can actually use....

To be fair, this is the first time I have gotten a bad filter....Shit happens.
I have had a bad Indian brand filter once. Threads cut wrong. Ever since I run the Wix 51358 like many on this forum. If this is an occasional problem with threads what’s going on inside the filter that we would never see? I just stay away from them.

· Registered
2016 Chieftain
10 Posts
I got a deal like that last year.
One (box of ten) circuit breakers.

I think that as they push their packaging people to such a high volume that more mistakes are made.

· Registered
2023 Challenger Dark Horse, 2016 Scout, 2021 Tiger 900 GT
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great deal on the filters. I will bet Indian still came out okay when comparing this to the profit on the sale of the 2023 Challenger. ;)
no doubt! They should give you a case or two when you buy the bike.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts