Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rider
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in anyone’s opinion and/or experience with the usage of “Slime” tire sealant in emergency situations. ?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I wouldn't for tires that get used at highway speed, lawnmowers or things like that I'm ok

I keep a tire plug kit in my saddlebag in case I have a flat out on the road.

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
I've used it on motorcycles with no problems. Make sure you get the type that is safe for TPM sensors.
619788b4-67d5-480b-afd6-23f8c92cc448_1.74638926b1c74d833e18e3ba579a08dc.jpeg

·
Silver member
5,144 Posts
I've never used it; however, you may want to check with local tires shops or your dealer if they will work on your tires later as I've heard some shops in my area won't touch tires if there's slime in them; to much of a mess apparently. I've never seen the inside of a tire / rim after this stuff is put in so not sure how bad it actually gets while changing out tires; makes sense to me though that it would be pretty messy.
Personally I carry a plug kit and compressor with me.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,112 Posts
Never used it myself however, everything I've read or heard says that it's a MESS to clean up. I agree with @Kaz, check with your tire shop first. If you do happen to use it, make sure you let the tire shop know it's in the tire before they try to take it off the rim.

A less messy and, from what I've read, better product that is tire shop friendly is Ride On. It also has the added benefit to actively balance your tire at the same time. Tire Sealant and Balancer | Flat tire prevention | Ride-On Tire Protection

Reactions: Kaz
1 - 5 of 5 Posts