Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Rider
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
‘Bout to put her away ‘till spring. Riding around the county today, looks like a winter storm watch tonight. Today was the 1st time I’ve had the vents closed since the 1st of May. All in all a nice summer up here. Oil change and up on the table until March or so. Man I love this motorcycle!

Attachments

·
Bronze member
2,975 Posts
Wow, that’s disappointing Wyoming’s riding season is ending. Thinking about riding to Biketoberfest on Sat. and it’s supposed to be 87.

·
Rider
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that’s disappointing Wyoming’s riding season is ending. Thinking about riding to Biketoberfest on Sat. and it’s supposed to be 87.
April to October usually. That’s why I head down your way every chance I get lol. I was out in Ga. in August. The earliest I’ve left Wyoming was the second week of April. I rode out to Moultrie, Ga. Then dropped down on I10 west across to San Antonio Texas. Weather was beautiful for the most part. I hit a little snow between Amarillo and Denver on the way back home.

Reactions: TigerGA

·
Registered
122 Posts
it's heading right for me too... wont get snow out of this round but it'll knock the temps down just the same.

·
Registered
2018 Indian Motorcycle Scout Bobber Star Silver Smoke
219 Posts
I'm just below 6000' in CO, so we won't get flakes, but maybe some cold drizzle. A year ago today, we had a few inches plowable. High tomorrow is 59F, so not terrible... I'll layer up and put the liner in my leathers, strap on the chaps...
I've been up in the 7000'-10000' range in January here in the 70s... so I won't winterize the bike, I'll just go talk to him in the garage on the cold days, and remind him we'll get some good riding soon :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Started snowing at my Wyoming home a few weeks ago. Two of the bikes are winterized and in storage already. I'll keep the Ultra Limited here in Colorado in case we get a surprise warm spell over the next 6months.

Cloud Sky Plant community Plant Window

This was 3 weeks ago. I had ridden and winterized 2 motorcycles the day before. Life in the high country.

·
Registered
128 Posts
No snow yet in northern New York. This time of year it can be in the 70s or 30s. Once the salt trucks have been out, my Springfield gets put up for 6 months. I will be riding today. Sunny and 70s.

·
Silver member
5,293 Posts
Cold & snow will be coming here to central NY soon... sux. Few layers under a down jacket, long johns & jeans under leather chaps, and heated gloves get me thru the cold of winter, that is when roads are dry and relatively salt free.

This thread reminds me, I need to swap out the summer air in my tires for winter air !!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Cold & snow will be coming here to central NY soon... sux. Few layers under a down jacket, long johns & jeans under leather chaps, and heated gloves get me thru the cold of winter, that is when roads are dry and relatively salt free.

This thread reminds me, I need to swap out the summer air in my tires for winter air !!
Don't forget to calibrate the pressure for altitude !!

Actually had to adjust the tire pressure in my girlfriends car on our recent trip to D.C. The change from 7,000'+ to sea level gave a low pressure indication. Which reminds me that I need to recheck them.

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
802 Posts
Shockingly it was 77 here in Downeast Maine today. About the same up in the Allagash. I couldn't ride. Same tomorrow. I will ride tomorrow. Should snow within the next 10-20 days. Go REDSOX!!!!!!!

Hairstyle Facial expression White Human Organ

·
Registered
386 Posts
You Northwestern folks don't realize how lucky you have it...the best riding weather for the longest days of the year. Here in Texas, unless you enjoy heat stroke and dehydration, your bike goes in lockdown for a solid 3-4 months when you have all the daylight. Riding season is just now restarting here, albeit with much shorter days and more rain. So my apologies if I don't feel that bad for you ;)

FWIW, I was in WY for about a week this summer, and it was ridiculously hot in Yellowstone, at least during the afternoons. So, y'all experienced some of our stupid hot weather as well. Stunning scenery though!

·
Rider
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You Northwestern folks don't realize how lucky you have it...the best riding weather for the longest days of the year. Here in Texas, unless you enjoy heat stroke and dehydration, your bike goes in lockdown for a solid 3-4 months when you have all the daylight. Riding season is just now restarting here, albeit with much shorter days and more rain. So my apologies if I don't feel that bad for you ;)

FWIW, I was in WY for about a week this summer, and it was ridiculously hot in Yellowstone, at least during the afternoons. So, y'all experienced some of our stupid hot weather as well. Stunning scenery though!
Yes it was a warm one and smokey too. Got no complaints with the riding season up here. I hit triple digits in a Seattle in July. Rode out to the NC coast, pretty muggy and a lot of rain. I didn’t make it to Texas this summer, did last year. The only real un pleasant time in Texas was a few years ago getting stuck in Houston traffic 102 deg./100% humidity I swore I’d never get stuck in traffic without water ever again. Hence the cooler rack.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yes it was a warm one and smokey too. Got no complaints with the riding season up here. I hit triple digits in a Seattle in July. Rode out to the NC coast, pretty muggy and a lot of rain. I didn’t make it to Texas this summer, did last year. The only real un pleasant time in Texas was a few years ago getting stuck in Houston traffic 102 deg./100% humidity I swore I’d never get stuck in traffic without water ever again. Hence the cooler rack.
Slick setup with your Challenger. Did you rig up the cooler rack?
And I'd avoid Houston even during great weather.

·
Rider
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Slick setup with your Challenger. Did you rig up the cooler rack?
And I'd avoid Houston even during great weather.
A Rivco trailer hitch and Rivco rack, I made the light bar.

·
Registered
2021 indian Scout Bobber Twenty
42 Posts
‘Bout to put her away ‘till spring. Riding around the county today, looks like a winter storm watch tonight. Today was the 1st time I’ve had the vents closed since the 1st of May. All in all a nice summer up here. Oil change and up on the table until March or so. Man I love this motorcycle!
I hear you brother. Great looking ride BTW. I'm just west of you in the Idaho Falls area. We received a few inches of snow. I'm headed into the mountains for elk and deer hunting this week. Hopefully when I get back there'll be a few select days to ride before the hard winter sets in. I bought a 2021 Scout Bobber Twenty a few weeks ago that I'm trying to get the first 500 miles in for service....we'll see how that goes. Wish you all the best. Stay safe!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts