Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday 25th marked one year ownership of my 2017 Indian Roadmaster (Chief Red Cloud). At my 1 year anniversary, the odometer reading is 33,564 miles. The first1,100 miles were put on by staff and test riders so only 32,464 miles are mine. A little off my average annual mileage of 34,000 miles. I didn’t go to Biketoberfest this year as my son was coming home from basic training that weekend. That would have put me close to my normal riding year but it was better to see Kade get off that plane.
I did a lot of research before pulling the trigger on this bike a year ago because this is what I do to experience life and creation. I it took some miles to settle in with the Indian. I kept comparing it to my Vision. They both have distinct areas they shine and areas they could improve. I’ve stopped comparing the 2 because, although they are both categorized as touring bikes, they are completely different species. This won’t be a comparison, I’ve done that already.

Having said that , I am very pleased with this motorcycle. It is well built, it is very refined and it provides an avenue of worry free utility and pleasure that I am truly thankful for. I/we have already made so many memories on this bike in such a relatively short time. I would and will go anywhere on it. I have watched youtube videos of riders experiences with this brand and I am convinced and determined to make this a 200,000 mile bike and probably ride it beyond that. One particular Hoka Hey rider video has inspired me to see just how far this bike will take me. I may attach a link to his video, his name is Paco and there are 5 parts. I will link to part 5 but I encourage you to watch them all. He went 211,000 miles on the original , unmolested engine (and original drive belt by the way) and he rode it like he stole it. He did a 100,000 miles in one year. Yes, he is retired.

So this bike is up to the challenge, in my humble opinion. It feels built to a standard that makes it very capable of handling the arduous task of being OUR motorcycle, which means being capable of carrying it’s riders through all weather , all temperatures , through all creation for experiences and memories that will last a lifetime. I thank The Good Lord for loaning it to us and keeping us safe but not so insulated that we don’t have experiences, I thank Polaris for building it, I thank the staff at Atlanta Highway Indian in Alpharetta for a great deal on our memory maker, I thank the staff at Crockett’s Powersports in Chattanooga for keeping Red Cloud in tip top shape to ensure more memories and more miles.

May it continue to bring us joy, to make lasting memories, to take us to places , to bring in new friends and keep old friends close , may we use it in a way to bring glory to The Father.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for sharing - here's wishing you many more safe and happy miles. I hope you reach your goal of 200,000 miles!

Reactions: jimtom

·
Registered
235 Posts
Your bike looks great! Love the Roadmaster ... mine is the same color with tan leather.

Thank you so much for sharing the video on Paco; he’s an amazing speaker and his story (5 YouTube videos) about his Hoka Hey ride is great!! Hoka hey ... first time I’ve heard of it ... interesting... have yet to do an Iron Butt - suppose I’ll start there. Any more videos outside of the 5 you mentioned where Paco is speaking, please share; he should have a travel-oriented YouTube channel — anyone know if he’s a member here? Thanks!!

I did a lot of research before pulling the trigger on this bike a year ago because this is what I do to experience life and creation. I it took some miles to settle in with the Indian. I kept
Having said that , I am very pleased with this motorcycle. It is well built, it is very refined and it provides an avenue of worry free utility and pleasure that I am truly thankful for. I/we have already made so many memories on this bike in such a relatively short time. I would and will go anywhere on it. I have watched youtube videos of riders experiences with this brand and I am convinced and determined to make this a 200,000 mile bike and probably ride it beyond that. One particular Hoka Hey rider video has inspired me to see just how far this bike will take me. I may attach a link to his video, his name is Paco and there are 5 parts. I will link to part 5 but I encourage you to watch them all. He went 211,000 miles on the original , unmolested engine (and original drive belt by the way) and he rode it like he stole it. He did a 100,000 miles in one year. Yes, he is retired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your bike looks great! Love the Roadmaster ... mine is the same color with tan leather.

Thank you so much for sharing the video on Paco; he’s an amazing speaker and his story (5 YouTube videos) about his Hoka Hey ride is great!! Hoka hey ... first time I’ve heard of it ... interesting... have yet to do an Iron Butt - suppose I’ll start there. Any more videos outside of the 5 you mentioned where Paco is speaking, please share; he should have a travel-oriented YouTube channel — anyone know if he’s a member here? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I prefer the tan leather. It is so beautiful on these bikes. I had it on my 2015 RM. But I never get to choose my color or accessories, I pick the bike that's on sale. This just happened to be the best deal on the floor bit black leather. Maybe if I wear the black leather out , I will go back with all tan.
And yes, Paco is very inspiring! His videos has me fired up! I am not aware of anymore videos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.