Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set up all my bikes for long road trips as I escape monthly. Yes, doing so does impact the visuals but equally enhances comfort and practicality without impacting performance, at least not at sane road speeds.

Fortunate that Indian has out of the gate a rear rack and side rack on offer. Don't care for the Indian luggage. I'm a big fan of Mosko Moto gear. Extremely well engineered and durable. Have a set of Scout 25L V 2.0 panniers on my WR and it has withstood Baja and the Continental Divide Trail. Since the FTR has a bit of dirt DNA in it, I thought the ADV look of the panniers and Nomad tank bag would not look out place. Both items mounted up easily.

Obviously I needed just one side pannier. Mosko sells the set at $495 and a single at $380. That didn't make sense so ordered the set. If anyone thinks this pannier is for them, I have one side available in the original factory wrapping.

Attachments

·
Bronze member
1,761 Posts
Very utilitarian.

But out of curiosity, if that’s your garage, why do you have so many bikes that appear to be set up for the same thing?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
636 Posts
I set up all my bikes for long road trips as I escape monthly. Yes, doing so does impact the visuals but equally enhances comfort and practicality without impacting performance, at least not at sane road speeds..
Where did you get that wind screen in the photo on your FTR? Please provide make and part number, if available.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because I use all my bikes for road trips. On the other hand, my wife leans more to the aesthetic side of the equation (surprise) and of course she has me to help haul her s**t.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which mount kit did you use? Universal (specify) or Model Specific (specify).
Is that a V-Flow-C or Z X-creen Sport Screen windshied? I see the spoiler on the top of yours.
Sorry; used the 28 mm which comes with some bushes for the clamp if you mount the clamp closer to your switch gear where it's a standard 7/8" bar. If you mount in the bend area, the plastic clamps are very stout so a channel lock will squeeze it together enough to get the mounting bolt through.

X-Screen Sport spoiler. Separate clamp on. A "bit over the top" but works. 30 years ago I wouldn't have dreamed of buggering up my bikes this way. Evolution

·
Diamond member
9,068 Posts
Because I use all my bikes for road trips. On the other hand, my wife leans more to the aesthetic side of the equation (surprise) and of course she has me to help haul her s**t.
I think that's your wife lovingly trying to get you to spending less money on more luggage.....:D
Just guffin..

·
Registered
32 Posts
I set up all my bikes for long road trips as I escape monthly. Yes, doing so does impact the visuals but equally enhances comfort and practicality without impacting performance, at least not at sane road speeds.
Looks like a good setup for a trip. What is the adapter plate on the tail rack for? Asking because I just got the tail rack and I'm looking for something to strap onto it for a camping trip in a few weeks...

Also, let's see that GSXR!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like a good setup for a trip. What is the adapter plate on the tail rack for? Asking because I just got the tail rack and I'm looking for something to strap onto it for a camping trip in a few weeks...

Also, let's see that GSXR!
That plate is for a top box. Heresy.
FTR Box.jpeg

And here's my beloved Gixxer.
Gixxer_Sardinia.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts