Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, left coasters. I have one day to rent a bike in San Diego, hopefully an Indian. What is the best ride I can do in that 12ish hours? I am an east coast guys. Never seen the Pacific or the desert. Would love to see both, if possible :). Thanks for any and all input. Bonus atta boys if you can tell be a great place to rent a bike. Umm..... Indian that is.

·
Silver member
4,836 Posts
See both? Head to Julian, Anza Borrego, 86 north, Palm Desert, take 74, all the way to San Clemente, head back south.

you will get saddle sore, but an amazing ride!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses! Sounds like a good ride. So there is an Indian dealer that rents. NIce!

·
Bronze member
1,939 Posts
call Robert at Indian of San Diego 858-277-0422 he will hook you up. Best deal in town.
Yup, second that. Call Robert. good people at SD Indian. Tons of good routes around here. Temps are pretty warm for us at the moment, 85-105 or so. I can send you some GPX maps if you want.

·
Rider
462 Posts
If you’ve never experienced the California desert, it’s well-worth the effort. I used to ride that area as a young man and some of that landscape is ‘otherworldly’. Me and my bud had first-gen Viragos and took them places they were never meant to be.

Oh, and bring water. Seriously.

·
Bronze member
1,314 Posts
Bring an oxygen mask and goggles.....the smoke from the wildfires in CA is ALL over the place. US RT 1, or Pacific Coast Highway is also a must.....worth the time....and saddle sores!!!!!!! May not be able to see much depending on the weather and smoke!!!!

·
Bronze member
1,939 Posts
The air in San Diego has mostly cleared days ago. Just hazy, sun today. Anyhow, we don't know when Scootah will be here. Could be in the heart of our Winter weather- 65 degrees and sunny lol

Reactions: Max Kool

·
Registered
72 Posts
I’ve never done it, but I’ve wanted to drive out to the Salton Sea area, I believe it’s a bit of a bizarre landscape, maybe you SoCal guys can confirm if it’s a good ride destination. Also depends on time of year.

·
Silver member
4,836 Posts
I love the Salton Sea area. Weird area with weird people, especially near Bombay Beach, Salvation Mountain, Slab City...

(except for the smell ok)

·
Rider
879 Posts
You may want to consider looking up the ride Pines to Palms Hwy and seeing if that sounds like something you'd like. It's a little North of SD but not bad. You could even make a nice loop that encompasses Anza Borego and the Salton Sea

·
Bronze member
1,939 Posts
I’ve never done it, but I’ve wanted to drive out to the Salton Sea area, I believe it’s a bit of a bizarre landscape, maybe you SoCal guys can confirm if it’s a good ride destination. Also depends on time of year.
Riding east out of Julian down into the desert is a really fun ride. Probably not about now unless 100-110+ temps are your thing. In another month or so it'll be just about perfect. Here's a pic of my buddy's SG stuck in the sand in front of Salvation Mt. Easy ride, just he found the soft spots haha. If you've never been inside Salvation Mt, got to check it out. Google it or Youtube it, wild.

Reactions: Max Kool

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow! Lots of great input. Thanks all! Oh. Your right I didnt say when. Im coming out second week of October. My cuz is retiring after 30 years in the navy. I think I talked him into renting a bike also. Should be good times!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts