Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Build such a wonderful machine. 馃槅

Nearly 4000 miles so far since March and I have absolutely zero regerts lol. I personally love my Challenger and have not had any real problems with it at all. Sure, the RC is a bit glitchy and the off-idle throttle can be jerky. I don't care, this is a great motorcycle. Its fast, it handles, its comfy, it has good wind management, and it even has some cool tech. I'm going to continue to ride it, tupperware and all, and enjoy it mile after mile. So to all of the guys/gals who've had a bad experience, I feel for you and hope you the best. In the meantime I'm going to celebrate my motorcycle and how great it is.

06-07-21.jpg

Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
Couldn't agree more! Just passed the 10k mark on mine and love it more every time!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dang, I sure need to ride more. Lol. But, two bikes and I don鈥檛 ride either to work. Loving my Challenger though.
I've only taken the bike to work maybe 3 or 4 times, I generally refuse to use my motorcycle for commuting or running errands. Almost all of my miles come either from weekend trips or longer day rides. Although I've been contemplating getting either a WeeStrom or DR650 for commuting with gas prices being what they are. My new job has be driving over 100 miles a day round trip.

Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
I ride my Challenger into the office every chance I get. Thankfully we work from home 90% of the time now so I don't have the 25 min commute anymore but the Challenger made it better!

Registered
With ya there! I have the same gripes but wouldn't give her back for nothing! Did a week long run last week, tail of the dragon moonshiner 28 and such and absolutely love this bike.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ride my Challenger into the office every chance I get. Thankfully we work from home 90% of the time now so I don't have the 25 min commute anymore but the Challenger made it better!
Not me, I hate having to deal with traffic and morning chill (plus no coffee) on my morning commute just so that I can sit and stare at my bike sitting outside for 10+ hours only to deal with traffic and heat on the way home. I'd rather just let the bike rest comfortably in my garage until the weekend when I can do a solid 200-300 miles of riding. Luckily I work 4-10's so I can usually spend Monday on the bike.

Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
The number 1 reason I got a cup holder was for the AM coffee... Then later gave up coffee! :)

Registered
2021 Challenger DH White Smoke
Any excuse to get a leg over mine I will jump on!... did you know that you can carry up to (4) gallons of milk in the saddle bags!?!? 馃ぃ I put 700 miles on her in less than three weeks!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any excuse to get a leg over mine I will jump on!... did you know that you can carry up to (4) gallons of milk in the saddle bags!?!? 馃ぃ I put 700 miles on her in less than three weeks!
Or a case of Miller Light's and a bag of Flaming Hot popcorn in each, but whatever you prefer. lol

I'm not gonna lie, your title had me all popcorned up.
It was intentional, a lot of negativity going on lately from the handful of negative nancy trolls. Figured I'd post some positivity about the bike but title it in a way to lure them in for my gloat-fest. :D

Registered
Ditto on the original post. Love my chally. Gets more fun every single time I ride. Sometimes I go to a taqueria 50 miles away just to ride (and eat tacos鈥 duh).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Or a case of Miller Light's and a bag of Flaming Hot popcorn in each, but whatever you prefer. lol

It was intentional, a lot of negativity going on lately from the handful of negative nancy trolls. Figured I'd post some positivity about the bike but title it in a way to lure them in for my gloat-fest. :D
Not having issues with your challenger is great, and I鈥檓 truly happy for you. These are neat machines. But please dont discount other鈥檚 problems. They spent the same money as you and their problems are real. Indian took care of my son and gave him a replacement challenger. This one has had a couple of issues but is doing pretty well. First one was trash. We love em. But calling folk names for typing their unhappiness is a bit unfair. I do love seeing positive posts on these bikes.

Silver member
Not me, I hate having to deal with traffic and morning chill (plus no coffee) on my morning commute just so that I can sit and stare at my bike sitting outside for 10+ hours only to deal with traffic and heat on the way home. I'd rather just let the bike rest comfortably in my garage until the weekend when I can do a solid 200-300 miles of riding. Luckily I work 4-10's so I can usually spend Monday on the bike.
I love my commute on my bike. Lane splitting saves me 1+ hour every Friday. And that makes me happy.

Reactions: manta1

Premium Member
I never had any issues with my 2020 Challenger Limited until shortly after I installed the Dynojet PCV. So after finally removing the (defective???) PCV the bike runs perfect again and the love affair with my bike is back on. I've been riding around with a smile on my face ever since I removed the PCV unit.

On another note, I just finished an advance riding course last weekend, something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I'll tell you what, they had be scrapping the floor board braces on both sides of the bike almost all day. The instructor said I also set a new braking distance record.... for stopping the fastest and in the shortest distance. The Challenger and the PP108 has so much potential, can't wait to see what happens with this model in the future but for now and tomorrow, I'm just gona ride!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not having issues with your challenger is great, and I鈥檓 truly happy for you. These are neat machines. But please dont discount other鈥檚 problems. They spent the same money as you and their problems are real. Indian took care of my son and gave him a replacement challenger. This one has had a couple of issues but is doing pretty well. First one was trash. We love em. But calling folk names for typing their unhappiness is a bit unfair. I do love seeing positive posts on these bikes.
It鈥檚 all tongue and cheek bud. No need to get all sensitive about it. Besides, I鈥檓 not discounting anyone鈥檚 problems. I very well made mention of that in the first post, but there is a big difference between posting up with legitimate frustrations about your situation and trolling every forum, thread, and FB post there is to say what a crap bike the Challenger is and/or how much Indian sucks overall, etc. That鈥檚 being a negative Nancy and a troll.

Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
Agreed. Some people have a negative experience and then just flat out say that all the bikes are total crap, even if it's something they were responsible for. (End user maintenance/responsibility.)

I really do feel for the people that have had a bad bike but I have to believe that's the minority. Negative reactions tend to get over-represented in places like this.

Reactions: HERK

Registered
Build such a wonderful machine. 馃槅

Nearly 4000 miles so far since March and I have absolutely zero regerts lol. I personally love my Challenger and have not had any real problems with it at all. Sure, the RC is a bit glitchy and the off-idle throttle can be jerky. I don't care, this is a great motorcycle. Its fast, it handles, its comfy, it has good wind management, and it even has some cool tech. I'm going to continue to ride it, tupperware and all, and enjoy it mile after mile. So to all of the guys/gals who've had a bad experience, I feel for you and hope you the best. In the meantime I'm going to celebrate my motorcycle and how great it is.

View attachment 637919
"No regerts"! Lol.

Great post. Nice picture!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Right, and then you have the guys like @HERK , @RACNRAY , and I believe @WIKD1 who had major issues with theirs but posted their one thread and maintained a cool head about the thing until it was ultimately resolved. Do I agree that Polaris could do a better job of ensuring that their dealer network is overall better trained and informed on the bikes? Yes, definitely. That is the downside of a network that is mainly built around multi-brand powersports dealerships. Even if they were Polaris only the service department would be supporting snowmobiles, ATV's, UTV/SxS's, those 3 wheeled cars that I'll never consider motorcycles no matter how much people might try to convince me, and the entire Victory/Indian motorcycle line (2-3 different engines/trans and 3 chassis types for Victory; 4 drivetrains and 5 chassis now for Indian?). That is a broad range of equipment to be fully trained on and a lot of lost man-hours to the shop sending techs to the appropriate factory training courses. Assuming of course that Polaris even has that system in place. They really should though, and they should insist that every one of their dealers has at least one senior mechanic or service writer that is fully factory trained. I know if I ran an Indian/Polaris dealership I would ensure that my primary shop manager at a minimum has every bit of Polaris training possible, if not me personally as well. Of course I come from a maintenance background and run a heavy equipment fleet shop, so I look at things a bit differently. I don't have to worry about the sales side of things, just pressure from above to make sure the needed equipment is up and ready for the jobs ahead. I do however have no problem sucking up those man-hours to send my guys off to different courses to get them better trained on the equipment they work on because I know it'll save more man-hours and parts costs down the line.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts