Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Incase you wanted to add the old style horn cover to your new Indian.

You might find someone on eBay selling them for $225.00

There is no need to spend that type of money for something that will cost you $115.00 or less to do yourself.

You can get your horn cover here when it is back in stock. "Someone" bought them out...probably to sell on EBay. They will cost you $109.95

Indian Motorcycle Horn Covers

You can get a bracket from Lowes or Home depot for a few bucks. I did a write up on the Chief forum showing you how to do it. You don't have to cut your bracket if you do not want. On that write up I also asked people not to take my idea and get greedy and try to sell it.

How to add your Old KM Horn Cover

Again, if you want to pay $200+ go for it. If you don't and need help I am always here to help out. I don't charge. =)

·
Registered
309 Posts
This is for the Forum Members, cost is $185 is another thing entirely eBay has listing, seller fees. If you look at the listing I have the cost of $225 for Buy-it Now OR Best Offer

Here is the cost breakdown:
Horn Cover $109
Shipping to me from the vendor $9
PayPal Fee from you to me $8 on $185
Shipping to the you $9-$14
Brackets and Stainless Steel Bolts and nuts $7
Include bulletproof installation instructions
Time to chase parts
Time to fabricate the brackets
Time to paint the above
Time to package then go to USPS and ship

So to everyone here this is what the cover ACTUALLY COSTS me to get it you. Do you want to send a day chasing parts, fabricating them, painting the brackets, etc.or would you rather just open a box, remove 3 Allen Head bolts, take off the stock horn cover, remove 2 10mm bolts and install an already built cover in 5 mins. then go riding. What is YOUR time worth?

Mark

·
Bronze member
2,933 Posts
No one is forcing anyone to buy these . Same as any other item out there . If you want it buy one , if you don't want one do not buy it . You can make one your self if you would like to . You all are free to make decisions for your selves .

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
I bought mine for $185 from Mark (seefriedm). I do not have the time or patience to customize the cover and bracket myself to fit just right.

He buys the custom horn covers for about $110 each, then had to buy nice bracket material and then he builds the brackets so that they will fit onto your bike right away without any adjustment, they are bent and in placed in just the right position so once you take off you old factory horn cover, these fit right one. Changed mine out in a total of 7 minutes because the ones that Marks makes are perfect.

The price I paid Mark for a custom horn cover from him; covers his cost of the horn cover, buying and making the brackets and his labor and time, PayPay transition service fee, and packing and delivery, so I think it is a great price and would recommend them to anyone who does want to spend the time and effort trying to make their own. My time is valuable, I want to spend it riding my Indian and not building a part not knowing it I did it right or not and taking forever to make it fit well or not.

IMG_20150520_172043.jpg

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Looking good, sounds great I bet

-

Live Free and Die Well
Texas Hill Country - Wimberley
2015 Indian Blue & Ivory Chieftain

·
Registered
168 Posts
hi guys
ref the old 30's horn covers i have started making them again we have 2 types
the later Gilroy type that bolts up under the Headstock this is good for the Gilroy Kings Mountain Chiefs and does not use a fitting kit but it can also be used on the Polaris Chiefs with Mark's fitting kits.
Please note my horn faces are unfinished and supplied in raw aluminium. This means they can be painted, polished anodised or plated to suit your style.
Mark can supply you directly with the complete horn face and fitting kit.
If you just want the horn covers on there own i can supply you at $140.00 inc post from Australia to USA.
If you have an earlier Gilroy or want to fit one to a Scout i also make a flat version that a horn can be bolted to. $120.00 posted to the USA
payment is made via paypal. delivery is within 48 hrs of payment and takes 7-10 days via Australia Post.
0 0 0 SCOUT HORN 03-500x500.JPG
polaris horn face.jpg
flat horn face on early gilroy.jpg

·
Registered
168 Posts
Horn Covers are now available
The Type with bracket cast to the top to fit Kings mountain and later Gilroy types plus with the addition of Marks fitting kit these will also fit the new Polaris Chief. (if you need the complete kit please approach Mark directly.

These 30's horn faces are now available unfinished in raw Aluminium. Thats means you can paint, anodise, plate or just polish them to suit your self. $140.00USD posted from Australia to USA

I also have the flat 30's kind that allows a horn to bolted to the back which is good for earlier Gilroys or the new Scouts. Although we do also make a complete kit for the scouts as well.
The Flat horn face is $120.00USD inc postage

These are hand cast in Australia not mass produced in the far east.
Please remember these are supplied in an unfinished condition so you will need to finish them your self.

How it works. I send you a paypal invoice you pay me within 48 hrs i send out the horn and within 7-10 days its delivered to you.
flat horn face on early gilroy.jpg
polaris horn face.jpg
0 0 0 SCOUT HORN 03-500x500.JPG

1 - 15 of 15 Posts