Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember waiting for the Scout to come out. I reserved mine, paid cash, it was number 286 built or something. A little problem with the starter, but otherwise a solid bike. Harley owners during the 18 eclipse complained their bikes broke and they had to switch to a van. I rode my Scout to the eclipse and back no problem (then the starter died when I was out at the movies one night).

I think this new bike will pretty much work fine. Hiccups, maybe, but Polaris IS GOOD.

I also remember that when the Scout was announced at Burgis, it was the first non-Chief Indian they were announcing and also a famous old Victory prototype rumored. At the time, there was this hype that the Indian name was back in the game. Speculation about the future.

I just noticed the FTR. Thought it was a track Scout, but no.... No sir....

This is the future, and take note. The Indian name is entering a new golden age.

Had to sell my Scout because of a move to Japan where ABS is required and my first run is... not good enough.

Saving that money for the Chieftan. Lots of GREAT road trips in Japan. Winding alpine routes up to volcanic moonscapes and back through old forests. Seaside, rocky coasts with cherry blossoms and sometimes a glimpse of Fuji.

Holding out for that future. But, loved my Scout. Excited for the future of Indian.

What's next after FTR????

I think there's room for something in the middle between Scout and Chieftan. A "man's bike".

·
Diamond member
8,471 Posts
I remember waiting for the Scout to come out. I reserved mine, paid cash, it was number 286 built or something. A little problem with the starter, but otherwise a solid bike. Harley owners during the 18 eclipse complained their bikes broke and they had to switch to a van. I rode my Scout to the eclipse and back no problem (then the starter died when I was out at the movies one night).

I think this new bike will pretty much work fine. Hiccups, maybe, but Polaris IS GOOD.

I also remember that when the Scout was announced at Burgis, it was the first non-Chief Indian they were announcing and also a famous old Victory prototype rumored. At the time, there was this hype that the Indian name was back in the game. Speculation about the future.

I just noticed the FTR. Thought it was a track Scout, but no.... No sir....

This is the future, and take note. The Indian name is entering a new golden age.

Had to sell my Scout because of a move to Japan where ABS is required and my first run is... not good enough.

Saving that money for the Chieftan. Lots of GREAT road trips in Japan. Winding alpine routes up to volcanic moonscapes and back through old forests. Seaside, rocky coasts with cherry blossoms and sometimes a glimpse of Fuji.

Holding out for that future. But, loved my Scout. Excited for the future of Indian.

What's next after FTR????

I think there's room for something in the middle between Scout and Chieftan. A "man's bike".
You are 100% on this. And another profound statement you mentioned.
"Take note"...
nothing could be more true, nor important...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts