Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is one of our newest build to order bikes. What we do at Indian Motorcycles of Hollister. Long time customer came to us with a request. He always loved the original look of this particular color and design from the past. We adapted it to his 2019 Classic. Also included 116" Big Bore, One of kind built to order.

3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

·
Administrator
14,709 Posts
Love it — glad that you guys do this (not just the customizing, but also showing pride in your work by posting it). Very rare on this forum (Gregory Polaris in Arkansas used to do it but not so much in the last year).

Keep up the good work and keep ‘em coming!

·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love it — glad that you guys do this (not just the customizing, but also showing pride in your work by posting it). Very rare on this forum (Gregory Polaris in Arkansas used to do it but not so much in the last year).

Keep up the good work and keep ‘em coming!
Thanks Hink, I will continue to post bikes as I complete them for customers or our Dealership floor. I keep the Gallery updated too. Please check it out.

https://www.indianmotorcycles.net/g...cle-hollister-aka-hollister-powersports.3388/

·
Bronze member
1,453 Posts
Just personal taste... but not green. I like green as a colour, just not on motorbikes or cars (looks like snot) (sorry... as I said, pure personal tastes)

Now a nice deep metallic blue... YUM! A lovely blue and that creamy white would look wonderful.

Lovely bike though... I'd not toss it out or even repaint it if you gave it to me.

·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just personal taste... but not green. I like green as a colour, just not on motorbikes or cars (looks like snot) (sorry... as I said, pure personal tastes)

Now a nice deep metallic blue... YUM! A lovely blue and that creamy white would look wonderful.

Lovely bike though... I'd not toss it out or even repaint it if you gave it to me.
Just sold a customer a Vintage yesterday, He wants it Solid deep metallic blue like the highlights of a custom Bobber we just finished.
He wants a detailed war bonnet with defined feathers with red at the ends of the feathers. He asked for no pinstripes. I will post it when I complete it. I expect to have it done in about 2 weeks.

·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Here is the blue I will be painting the Vintage https://www.indianmotorcycles.net/gallery/photos/46326/

Interesting note, I agree that deep blue is a gorgeous color, but the most popular colors in order in our market are Red, Black then Root Beer browns.

·
Bronze member
1,453 Posts
Wow... now that IS nice.

(anyone still do Plum Crazy... anyone old enough to remember the sheer eye-joy that was Plum Crazy?)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Wow... now that IS nice.

(anyone still do Plum Crazy... anyone old enough to remember the sheer eye-joy that was Plum Crazy?)
Absolutely they do! There's a local guy that has a towing Business and also does antique tractor pulls....both his Wrecker and tractor are Plum Crazy color......

·
Bronze member
1,453 Posts
I have a soft spot for Plum Crazy.... I had an 8L V8 in P.Crazy... second car, lost virginity in the back seat at a drive-in (as we all did back then in oz)
(first car was a Falcon 500) (blew the rings on 3/6 cylinders, went through 4L oil a week straight out the exhaust (worked at Shell fuel depot, stole it... ahh... happy days of youth)

·
Bronze member
1,453 Posts
now that i do agree with... a Plum Crazy Bobber....

As much as I like the gorgeous burgundy... a P.Crazy RM might look good too - I'll have to faff about with photoshop i think.

Edit.... not quite Plum Crazy (it's hard to find a colour swatch 'cos PC was metallic)

2019 Indian RoadmasterPLUM.jpg

Hmmm... maybe not...

·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
now that i do agree with... a Plum Crazy Bobber....

As much as I like the gorgeous burgundy... a P.Crazy RM might look good too - I'll have to faff about with photoshop i think.

Edit.... not quite Plum Crazy (it's hard to find a colour swatch 'cos PC was metallic)

View attachment 456438

Hmmm... maybe not...
Here is a Chieftain we did for a customer. Came out SWEET for this Young Lady. Her personal design
52.jpg
52.jpg
51.jpg
53.jpg
54.jpg
56.jpg
57.jpg
58.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts