Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a new phone with storage so I took a pic of my bike (finally) and I took some leather (fading) and coloring shots. As you may remember I told you my dealer Indian of Pompano Beach would be re-dying my bags for me. They are using oil based, the color combo I don't know. My impression of the true color of our leather is like a butterscotch or deep caramel. The new color is ONLY on the top of my bags as they did those separate because I had some scratches that revealed themselves upon fading. So to recap, top of bags done all other leather NOT done yet. They will get my bike next week to do the complete job. There is also a picture of the underside of 1 of my bags showing the true original color and beneath it the "fade line" where it is exposed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Vintage Harry, Any way of finding out what Brand dye and color they used, Have to do my soon and like how yours are turning out. Thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
Looks great I noticed the leather tassels are removed? Good choice, love the vintage but not the fringe to me a daily guy seem like a whisk broom for collecting dirt and grime

·
Super Moderator
4,867 Posts
Came out real nice Shuje. Do you agree that the color is more like a butterscotch or Caramel?
Well, to me, the early production 14's leather reminded me of color of those yellowish hard butterscotch candies. Seems the later production leathers are more like a caramel color. Mine started out darker than the caramel color but they also faded.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I'm going back a bit darker (like u) and even with oil based dye and proper care it should fade only to a nicer shade.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vintage Harry, Any way of finding out what Brand dye and color they used, Have to do my soon and like how yours are turning out. Thanks
Vintage i'ts Fiebings oil based leather dye. The mix you will have to play with but the approx. mix is 3/4 Golden Brown to 1/4 saddle tan. try on a sample piece first, I will post pics next week

1 - 11 of 11 Posts