Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there must be others from Maryland / DC area. I am from Silver Spring Preordered a Scout

·
Registered
723 Posts
We're here. Trying to stay warm as we are cruising the roadways.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We're here. Trying to stay warm as we are cruising the roadways.
Passed your way on my way to Latrobe for my first Scout test ride. I am riderless at the moment. Just hope not too much snow or ice because I will be ridding.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,107 Posts
I'm WAY down south in Lexington Park.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hey halld!
How'd you like the test ride on the Scout? We demo'd the Roadmaster... I hear it's fast!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey halld!
How'd you like the test ride on the Scout? We demo'd the Roadmaster... I hear it's fast!
I rode 3 of the 4 Scouts and a Classic when a Scout was not available (missed the shinny black). I could not get he grin off my face all day. I have been without a bike for a few years, previously I had Honda's a CX 500, CX650 custom and a 750 (750 was piece of crap I gave away). Work kept me tied until now. Except for a few test rides, Harley 1200c low rider Sportster, Street 750, VStar 950, Vulcan 900 Classic and Vulcan 900 Custom I have not ridden in over 3 years.

The Scout felt very comfortable, agile and powerful. I cranked on it and hit 85 before I had to slow down. I don't believe I passed 3rd gear and it was still climing. I ordered mine in mid August. A once over and the test ride dispirsed and conserns and solidified that I made the right decision. I liked the feel of the Classic, its weight did not seem too much for me but I prefered the Scout.

How was the Roadmaster, did you ride 2 up (you did say we)? How did it handle?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Riding is great....Less traffic , great roads , Hernleys Polaris in Elizabeth , Pa. ....Mountain House out 30 west ....Gettysburg , Pa. mostly ride up in Pennsylvannia.....

·
Founding member
507 Posts
Here in Sparrows Point riding my Chieftain!!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
441 Posts
Pre-ordered Red Scout after demo ride in Annapolis. First bike in long time. the waiting is painful. Curious how many Scouts I will see here in Lexington Park area.

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
Hey folks ... how about starting an official Indian Owners Group? Annapolis does not yet have one (although they do sponsor a Victory rider's group). We could call it "xxxxxxxx Tribe" (fill in the blank for Maryland recognition). Any one in? I'll volunteer to do the legal work for incorporation.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,107 Posts
Already had the kick off meeting for the Chesapeake IMRG. Next meeting is this Saturday, December 6th, 10 am at Chesapeake Cycle. We are planning a ride to Southern Maryland after the meeting.come join us.

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
Already had the kick off meeting for the Chesapeake IMRG. Next meeting is this Saturday, December 6th, 10 am at Chesapeake Cycle. We are planning a ride to Southern Maryland after the meeting.come join us.
I'll be there. THANKS! Okay if I don't have my Vintage yet? (ordered for March delivery).

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be there.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just bought my new Chieftan from Chesapeake Cycles 2 days ago. Hope to bring her home Monday if the wx cooperates. Home is Solomons, MD. Have been riding for 4 1/2 years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I Live in Silver Spring Maryland and have a place in Solomons island too. Hope to see some of you in the wind!

1 - 20 of 170 Posts