Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this has been posted yet. WE took the road master in for the 500 mile oil change today and the tech could not get the oil change now icon to reset. service manager said that ours is the second R/M that would not reset. I've seen this same problem on other sites also. Anyone have this problem ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I posted this same problem on my RM at the 500 mile oil change. They opened a ticket on this issue so when I hear back from them and get it fixed I will post an update.

·
Early joiner
11 Posts
Sane thing happened on my Roadmaster. The service tech said it happens on all Roadmasters. Said they were waiting on service bulletin for fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw this on the 500 mile service, too. I tried to reset the indicator, and the change was not persistent after shutting off. I would love to hear when the fix is available. Until then, I will just continue to ride.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had my 500 mile service done on Wednesday - Oile change timer reset works - temporarily. Goes to 100% then a few minutes later shows "change oil now". Will have it looked at, but I know when the oil was changed and I don't imagine this display will have any impact on the operation of the bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am having the same issue with my 2015 Chieftain. My dealer called Polaris and was told that they are aware of the issue and would be fixing the problem on a future software update. No commitment on the ETA of the update.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Going Tuesday for the 500 mi service. My RM has been re-flashed for pipes, I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Hm, yea, mine did it today, reset it, next fire up, it was back to shouting " CHANGE OIL NOW " !

·
Registered
175 Posts
I wish I had an old timer reset on my bike. Must be my eyes!!!!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I went today for the 500 mi service. When bike was finished sure enough I got the change oil now warning. I told the tech and he tried to reset it, they took it back and I think disconnected the battery and otherwise piddled with it. They called Polaris and the response was they are working on a fix.

However.....before I took off from the dealer to home I reset the oil warning, which then indicated 100% oil life. I rode home which is about 25 miles. The oil life went down to 99% and the problem is now gone.

·
Registered
113 Posts
PakRat: I had seen the same thing, seemed like it was fixed only to have it crop up again! So let us know what happens after a few more rides.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
A little off topic, but every time I read the title to this thread I think it says "Old timer reset failure" LOL

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
PakRat: I had seen the same thing, seemed like it was fixed only to have it crop up again! So let us know what happens after a few more rides.
Yep, yep, I spoke too soon. I parked it at work for a few hours, came out to the bike, and it wants me to change the oil.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts