Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was testing a dip stick for a customer and I made a brilliant discovery. I'm sure many of you already know this but for the dummies like me here is some new info. I started up the bike and then proceeded to switch dipsticks. Guess what, the oil chamber is under pressure. It sends a burst of pressure with each stoke of the piston. So if you remove the dipstick while you are looking down at it, you can get a free oil treatment on your face. Fortunately, it was still not hot.
Headlamp Light Automotive lighting Vehicle Auto part

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
I could really say something here on 'oil spraying' with my years in Asia with the opposite sex.............

But I will be politically correct and forget that idea.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
I was testing a dip stick for a customer and I made a brilliant discovery. I'm sure many of you already know this but for the dummies like me here is some new info. I started up the bike and then proceeded to switch dipsticks. Guess what, the oil chamber is under pressure. It sends a burst of pressure with each stoke of the piston. So if you remove the dipstick while you are looking down at it, you can get a free oil treatment on your face. Fortunately, it was still not hot.
View attachment 90033
A motorcycle money shot.

·
Gold member
6,463 Posts
I could really say something here on 'oil spraying' with my years in Asia with the opposite sex.............

But I will be politically correct and forget that idea.
I'm a low life too so send it via PM

·
Gold member
6,463 Posts
View attachment 90033
You've now been schooled. Don't use a lighter when you look into a battery, just trying to help you out! Great Guage!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
Indians. LOTS of Indians
4,009 Posts
somewhat related/unrelated story ... .took delivery of my '13 Vintage off the back of an 18 wheeler. All smiles , jumped on for a quick ride. Before I got fifty feet, the dipstick shot out about 40' . WTF?!?!? Thinking ... it obviously wasn't in tight, reseated and off I went. 1 mile later, she shot out again.. bouncing down the road. ..... rode my @ss back on an HD , b*tch, thanking god no one was taking pic's .. and got my trailer. T'Shot it .. and .. tried again.. bam!

Long story short.. Dealership ..after their 125 step or so inspection that I paid for .. shipped it to me waaaaaaaaaaaaay overfilled.

Back to the OP's point .. Good info to know with the TS111!

·
Gold member
6,463 Posts
somewhat related/unrelated story ... .took delivery of my '13 Vintage off the back of an 18 wheeler. All smiles , jumped on for a quick ride. Before I got fifty feet, the dipstick shot out about 40' . WTF?!?!? Thinking ... it obviously wasn't in tight, reseated and off I went. 1 mile later, she shot out again.. bouncing down the road. ..... rode my @ss back on an HD , b*tch, thanking god no one was taking pic's .. and got my trailer. T'Shot it .. and .. tried again.. bam!

Long story short.. Dealership ..after their 125 step or so inspection that I paid for .. shipped it to me waaaaaaaaaaaaay overfilled.

Back to the OP's point .. Good info to know with the TS111!
Several bikes are like that! Never check when it's running, Marcus was very drunk! And being deaf he didn't know it was running! But ya gotta like him. He means well!

·
Vendor / bronze
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How dare you accuse me of being drunk. It is quite obvious that I was merely being stupid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts