Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up my brand new Sixty and I have completed a grand total of 234 miles on it and it's got an oil leak!
It's running down the engine at the base of the filter housing and around the oil filter onto the ground/along the bottom of theengine. It doesn't look like it coming from the filter itself but as it's under warranty I have put it into the dealers to sort out instead of removing the radiator etc to have a look myself. Luckily it didn't make its way onto the back tyre but was very close!
The dealer is currently trying to locate the oil leak and are also waiting on Polaris getting in touch ref the issue.

The one weekend I have bike meets planned Friday and Saturday! Typical.

·
Registered
307 Posts
That sucks. Hope they find and fix quick. Glad you're safe though.

·
Bronze member
2,176 Posts
Sounds like something wasn't done right when assembled from the crate?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmm I am sure the are shipped built up. All that needs done is basic checks and fluids added.
I'm going to ring the dealer this afternoon see what's going on.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Some dealers have been known to overfill the oil, which results in oil pouring all over the ground when the level is checked; but I don't see how it would end up around the filter if that happened. Whatever the problem, keep hassling them until it's sorted.

·
Bronze member
1,842 Posts
As Mike said, probably just a filter seal. If it is not tight enough it will leak and wind will move oil around, even up, as you are driving, making the source hard to pin point. Hopefully it is something simple like that. Good luck and here is wishing for a quick, simple, fix.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So it was an easy fix. Half turn on the engine blanking plug near the filter and it seems problem is solved.
I'll keep an eye on it. They have ordered new plugs in and going to replace at 500 mile service just as good practice.
Would usually fault find and repair myself but it being new opted for the dealer option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts