Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experiencing oil leaking a little while the bike is not running? I have a 2017 Roadmaster Classic.

·
Bronze member
2,240 Posts
Photos?

·
Bronze member
1,238 Posts
Anyone experiencing oil leaking a little while the bike is not running? I have a 2017 Roadmaster Classic.
A bit more info about the leak may be helpful. Can you say where the oil leak is coming from? Maybe from the front of the engine? Oil filter area? Back by one of the oil drain plugs? Below the front or back of the primary coiver? The RH cam cover? Below the air filter? How bad is it? A drop or two in a day? An hour? A minute? A puddle each time you shut the engine down? Only after riding it and heating the engine to full operating temperature? Does the leak occur when the engine is cold?...........

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,075 Posts
Check where the stator wire grommet is on the left front case. Some of us had to have it replaced.

·
Registered
309 Posts
All the Polaris bikes I have seen do not leak, not like my triumphs over the years and the continual push rod weepage on my flathead HDs. It is like Polaris do not have oil hahhahahahah.
Like Grateful commented where is the black gold coming from?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nope, nothing under my bikes, 2016 Chieftain DH and 2020 Scout.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts