Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had a primary gasket leak a little on theirs? Some oil gathering on the kick stand swivel and bottom on engine?

·
Bronze member
2,221 Posts
Anyone had a primary gasket leak a little on theirs? Some oil gathering on the kick stand swivel and bottom on engine?
Most likely it's the stator wire grommet coming out of the left side of the case.
Check front left side ... there is a triangular bracket bolted to the case ... usually the O2 sensor plug is zip tied to it.

Behind (deep) that bracket a single wire is coming out of the engine case via rubber grommet/plug.

Starting from 2016 Indian has changed this grommet to a diffrent design which supposed to fix the potential weeping from there...

Mine (2014) does the same. The right fix would be the upgraded stator assembly ... but since I am way out of warranty (and with 80000 kms on the clock) I am going to improvise...

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most likely it's the stator wire grommet coming out of the left side of the case.
Check front left side ... there is a triangular bracket bolted to the case ... usually the O2 sensor plug is zip tied to it.

Behind (deep) that bracket a single wire is coming out of the engine case via rubber grommet/plug.

Starting from 2016 Indian has changed this grommet to a diffrent design which supposed to fix the potential weeping from there...

Mine (2014) does the same. The right fix would be the upgraded stator assembly ... but since I am way out of warranty (and with 80000 kms on the clock) I am going to improvise...

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk
Thanks! Mine’s an 18, the dealer said it was the primary gasket. I was just wondering if it was common.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts