Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Oil drain plug problem

3023 11
I put the oil drain plug with crush washer in and went to tighten and it just spins. It won't tighten down. I tried to back it out and it just spins. Any advice?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't overtighten, it just would never tighten. Maybe I stripped it while taking out the plug. It was pretty tough to get out. Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out.

Any idea how to get the drain plug out? It just spins whether I turn left or right.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried to get something on there to get downward pressure on the plug but there's nowhere to get a screwdriver or even a pick to get any leverage.

I'm definitely going to go with Time-Sert. Seems pretty easy, just have to figure out how to get this plug out. I'll try to needle nose vice grips. Otherwise I have no idea. I hand screwed it in just fine, but put a wrench on it to tighten a little and it just spins........ At least I have my Chieftan to ride while I figure this out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.