Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
German rider
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
A friend of mine bought a 20yrs old Evo HD and showed me a little feature he do not want to use anymore.
It is a little adapter, an extension for oil filters which is a cooling element, a patent from apx. 1995 which was used for HD.
Is there an equivalent for the filters used on our TS111?

I think there should be another design of the cooling fins because the filters head goes straight forward.

Wire Metal Coil Technology Electronic device
Auto part Wheel Rim Oil filter Automotive wheel system
Auto part Wheel Rim Automotive wheel system Disc brake

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
Bottom line my friend is that there is no substitute for an oil cooler. These small things will 'help' but its minuscule in lowering oil temps.
I am really surprised that nobody in the aftermarket department has invented an oil cooler for the Indians yet. All of us that bought 2014 and 2015 models all have them. Then Indian went on its austerity/cost saving program and standard equipment went good - bye.

·
Rider
1,072 Posts
Kind of the similar to a K&P Engineering filter (www.jethrosparts.com)....oil flow is critical for air cooled engines. An oil cooler is not a bad idea, but with a good synthetic oil and a K&P, it's probably unnecessary (unless you're sitting in traffic all day on your bike down south). Just my $0.02 worth- John

·
German rider
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is not so much space betwen the base of the filter and the lower crossing pipe of the Aeromach fat bars.
It is possible I could talk about an own solution with the trainee teacher of education workshop in my company.
Thanks for your responses.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
^^^^That is the most efficient type of cooler.^^^^^ A true "radiator" type with ample air flow.
Those solid billet types are not efficient for transferring heat, they take too long for the heat to be scavenged form the substrate.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Its crossed my mind to somehow strap a 12v high rpm fan to the front of the oil cooler and a fan shroud, on off switch mounted to the handle bars. Help cool the oil (provide air flow) for when I sit in traffic (30 min) on my daily comute from and to work.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Wouldn't make a noticeable difference to the engine. The heads would cook before the cooler could be of any help. The BTU exchange would never happen fast enough for any benefit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts