Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my first "oil change kit" yesterday from the Indian dealer for my Roadmaster. Fairly pricey, but its semi-synthetic bike grade oil and presumably the right filter - without having to look anything up. Interestingly the sealing washers are nowhere near the same size as the ones already on the oil plugs. Washers in the box have inside diameter more than double the diameter of the plug. Went back to the shop and all the kits have the same size washer. Pretty annoying - has anybody else run into this?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Picked up my first "oil change kit" yesterday from the Indian dealer for my Roadmaster. Fairly pricey, but its semi-synthetic bike grade oil and presumably the right filter - without having to look anything up. Interestingly the sealing washers are nowhere near the same size as the ones already on the oil plugs. Washers in the box have inside diameter more than double the diameter of the plug. Went back to the shop and all the kits have the same size washer. Pretty annoying - has anybody else run into this?

I've heard some of the oil change kits were shipped with the wrong sized washers. Your dealer SHOULD know about this, and the service or parts department should exchange them with the correct size washers.

The part number for the correct washers is 5812232, and any Indian or Polaris dealer should stock them (they're used in the Polaris Sportsman ATV).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts