Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in several of the official Indian helmets and jackets listed on their website, but I'm curious about their source. I typically only use Arai or Shoei for my skid lids, so the manufacturer is very important to me. Some sites, such as Ducati, list who manufactures each of their pieces of gear...can anyone help me out with the sources of the Indian gear? Thank you!

·
Bronze member
1,954 Posts
Foshan Nanhai Xinyuan Helmets Company

Found that was what others said several years ago.

I was at the local Indian dealership today thinking of getting a new full face helmet and I wouldn’t want the “New” Indian modular they had there.
It has an air gap where the shield attaches, so probably has a lot of wind noise going directly to the ears.
I didn’t think to look for manufacturer.

Reactions: Knute

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm interested in several of the official Indian helmets and jackets listed on their website, but I'm curious about their source. I typically only use Arai or Shoei for my skid lids, so the manufacturer is very important to me. Some sites, such as Ducati, list who manufactures each of their pieces of gear...can anyone help me out with the sources of the Indian gear? Thank you!
We have Indian 3/4 helmets....and I would stick with Shoei or the Arai....we just bought two Shoei full face helmets and if I ever go back to a 3/4 it will be another Shoei. the Indian helmets are low end and I would never recommend them. We wanted to install our new Cardo packtalks into the Indians but there were no cut outs for the ear speakers....once we rode with the Shoei’s I vowed to never buy another cheap helmet again. The quality, build and performance of the Shoei far surpasses anything That has an Indian name on it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
After owning 3 Indian modulars (one broke and was replaced under warranty), I won't be buying an Indian helmet again. Quality issues, noise, and can't get parts such as face shields and sunvisors. Not impressed at all. I'm most likely going Shoei on the next one.

·
Registered
2019 Indian Roadmaster Elite
36 Posts
If you want the Indian logo just buy what ever helmet you want and have it custom painted. You could color match the bike and make it extremely nice and personalized. It would be a far better value.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I was afraid that was the verdict...several of the Indian full face helmets actually have decent graphics too. I've gone the custom route before but it's a pain in the butt. Maybe Roland Sands needs to make a helmet graphics kit :unsure:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts