Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Official Indian Chief Vintage Photo Thread

176928 670
The official Indian Chief Vintage photo only thread! If you have a picture of an Indian Soft Bagger then post it up here :cool:

641 - 660 of 671 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chief Vintage
502 Posts
Hey, thanks for posting this picture. Was wondering what my '16 Vintage in this color would look like in blackwalls. Now I know. Think I'll get the blackwalls when it's time. Also, where did you get the cow bell fringe (top of forks)?

Thanks,
One-up

·
Registered
2019 Indian Chief Vintage Icon (Black/Yellow)
279 Posts
I was riding a little bit today before my shift as a substitute school bus driver. I found this 1950 North Carolina school bus advertising the county's school programs. So, I had to stop and take a few photos....2019 Chief Vintage ICON (#12 of 34 produced in that color).

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Vehicle Bus Fuel tank

·
Registered
2016 Chief Vintage
502 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nice ride. Never saw that color, but I lost track of models and colors. What is an "Icon" model?
There is not too much history about what an Icon paint series is for Indian. I found this on the web: Indian Incon and it explains a little about the bikes' color combinations. In short, these are iconic color combinations that were used to set off any of the standard bikes. The model number (not VIN) would also indicate the color combinations.

·
Registered
2016 Chief Vintage
502 Posts
There is not too much history about what an Icon paint series is for Indian. I found this on the web: Indian Incon and it explains a little about the bikes' color combinations. In short, these are iconic color combinations that were used to set off any of the standard bikes. The model number (not VIN) would also indicate the color combinations.
Thanks TerryD

Reactions: TerryD

·
Bronze member
3,770 Posts
How can you tell there is only 34 of them made?

·
Registered
279 Posts
How can you tell there is only 34 of them made?
I received an email from Indian because I asked: I was also trying to get the Indian Production document that Hornet19 received in this thread. They are no longer doing that according to another email Here is the screen shot:
Font Document

·
Registered
279 Posts
Good to know my son just bought a used one with 2000 miles on it...
That is great! What color combination did he get? I bought mine used, last August, with only 750 miles on it. I am totally in love with it. I have joked, "why did I wait so long?" after riding Suzuki's since 2009.

641 - 660 of 671 Posts