Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mostly ride an hour, maybe two at the outside. As such, I’ve not been too impressed with the OEM tires on my 2019 Sixty.

But, this past weekend, I rode up to Buffalo Point (Northern Arkansas) from where I live (Hot Springs) which was about a 160 mile ride. Then, once up there, we took a really curvy, mountainous road over to Mountain View, AR to the motorcycle rally. I carved those twisties like a hot knife through butter. The bike really performed well. Spent the day and then rode back to the camp site and all was well.

Got up Sunday morning, broke camp and started home and I got that same “the rear end feels like it’s slipping out from under me” feeling.

I’m starting to think maybe it’s not a suspension issue at all, but rather a tire that takes forever to heat up.

Thoughts?

·
Rider
756 Posts
I mostly ride an hour, maybe two at the outside. As such, I’ve not been too impressed with the OEM tires on my 2019 Sixty.

But, this past weekend, I rode up to Buffalo Point (Northern Arkansas) from where I live (Hot Springs) which was about a 160 mile ride. Then, once up there, we took a really curvy, mountainous road over to Mountain View, AR to the motorcycle rally. I carved those twisties like a hot knife through butter. The bike really performed well. Spent the day and then rode back to the camp site and all was well.

Got up Sunday morning, broke camp and started home and I got that same “the rear end feels like it’s slipping out from under me” feeling.

I’m starting to think maybe it’s not a suspension issue at all, but rather a tire that takes forever to heat up.

Thoughts?
Hey Mr Daryl,, I have the Perrelli OEM on the 2019 scout, awesome tire , works really good. What tires are on the 60,, ? Anyway,, my neighbor has the metzler

Thoughts?
try the DUNLOP AMERICAN ELITES.. great tire,,

·
Bronze Member
2,204 Posts
I only got 6k and change on my front Kenda, I went with the Frenchy French tire and now I'm right on 18k. on the front. The rear has a lot more to go (not the oem Kenda).

·
Registered
597 Posts
More than likely.
Maybe we can meet up. I always go every morning and ride the Harley demos for about 2 hours every day. Free gas and new bikes! My son will be here for this one, and I usually do a ride to Eureka with friends from work on one of the days. My daughter may even be able to have some time off from school to at least demo some of the bikes and take in a night on Dickson.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I’ve gotten that feeling too out of my Kendas. They aren’t slipping though. This mainly happens with me after I adjust the air and add a pound or 2 to get the pressure back up to 40 in the rear. After about 30-45 mins, it gets better.. can’t explain it.

Thought I was the only one going crazy on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Mr Daryl,, I have the Perrelli OEM on the 2019 scout, awesome tire , works really good. What tires are on the 60,, ? Anyway,, my neighbor has the metzler

try the DUNLOP AMERICAN ELITES.. great tire,,
I think they’re Kenda. Says “Indian” in them, but I read somewhere else in here that they’re Kenda.

·
Bronze member
1,758 Posts
I think they’re Kenda. Says “Indian” in them, but I read somewhere else in here that they’re Kenda.
Yes, your tires are KENDAs, and yes they take time to warm up.

But they are no worse and probably better than any OEM tire that I've had on any Hondas that have owned from new. Better than any tires that came on my old Brit bikes (especially), and better than the aftermarket Pirellis (Route 66s) on my 750 currently,....but they are old and hard.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got the Kenda off within 500 miles of buying the bike. They had 5800 miles on them. Even after they warmed up, they were unpredictable and felt like every single groove in the road must be explored. Put the Michelin Commander II tires on front and back and there was INSTANT improvement. I feel more confident as I master curves and highway riding is much improved!

I've been in the automotive tire business for 23 years. This is my first time buying motorcycle tires. I went with the brand I trust and couldn't be happier that I did.

Ride safe!

Reactions: Indian Daryl

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts

Thoughts?
Kendas don't ride very well... and they are diabolical in the wet. Took mine off at 1100 miles. Like back pain, you don't realize how bad it was until it's completely gone...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts