Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about purchasing a heated Roadmaster seat for my 2019 Chieftain Limited. If anyone has that configuration, would you please post some pics? I'd like to see how it looks before pulling the trigger. Thanks!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I just picked up a 2020 Roadmaster Darkhorse on friday. I had them put my classic heated RM seat from my 2019 trade in on the new bike.

I quickly noticed that the new style bags (which were introduced on the 2019 Limited) will rub against the side of the seat a little. Enough to leave a rub mark on the matte paint that I had to clean off.

Other than that it looks, works great. It would be perfect if it was maybe 1/2 inch narrower on each side.

·
Rider
795 Posts
24DF86B5-67E0-4A0D-A953-0B9ABA5D8C97.jpeg
D67E091C-8E97-493D-A2DC-2D3ED6AC777B.jpeg
A3547D16-EC0E-49E8-BF0B-16B02BAAC078.jpeg
47C39EFC-2CCB-4A71-B34C-DF45D7531931.jpeg
BA749D07-BA09-4F42-8D09-80159493ABE4.jpeg
FB0D996D-001B-45F6-83AE-E619C40EE22D.jpeg

·
Rider
795 Posts
Chieftain twins! looks amazing!

Are you having any issues with the saddlebag lids rubbing against the seat when you open them?
No I have not noticed any rubbing at all as of yet. I do have the speakers installed in the lids on both bikes so maybe that makes a little difference???

·
Read Only
416 Posts
While it's not a 2019, I do have a heated Roadmaster seat on my 2018 Chieftain Limited and have the backrest/rack installed that Indian said wouldn't fit. Fit's pretty good IMO. No rubbing, either

seat rear.jpg
seat.jpg

·
Registered
368 Posts
One of the dealers on the other side of my state had a Roadmaster seat to be used as a demo. I put it on my Chieftan, took it for a short ride. I didn't like the seating position at all. I was at least 2 inches higher and moved forward a bit too. Just wasn't for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, I pulled the trigger . . . found a used RM seat on one of the Facebook Indian pages, and bought it. It arrived today. I hadn't seen a RM seat side-by-side with a Chieftain Rogue seat . . . damn, what a difference in size! Got it installed on my 2019 Chieftain Limited. I like the way it looks, and love the way it feels. Very comfortable. My only issue is the same as joleyred said above . . . the RM seat raised me up at least 2". I'm 5'7", so didn't have any room to move up. At this point, my options are to look at lowering the bike, stick with my Rogue seat, or look at other seats. If anyone is interested in a very good condition, used, heated RM seat in tan, let me know. I'll sell it for what I have in it . . . $475 plus actual shipping cost.

·
Read Only
416 Posts
I'd give it a bit before selling. Ride it some and let the seat settle. When I put it on my '18 Limited, I did notice I was up a bit higher but not 2". I'm 5'6" and I'm still flat footed on my '18 even with the new Roadmaster seat and I've not lowered anything. Just something to consider.
Adding that Roadmaster seat to my '18 was one of if not the best change I made and I liked the stock seat. This new one gives me lots more moving around room and my wife loves the extra seating surface and that it's heated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd give it a bit before selling. Ride it some and let the seat settle. When I put it on my '18 Limited, I did notice I was up a bit higher but not 2". I'm 5'6" and I'm still flat footed on my '18 even with the new Roadmaster seat and I've not lowered anything. Just something to consider.
Adding that Roadmaster seat to my '18 was one of if not the best change I made and I liked the stock seat. This new one gives me lots more moving around room and my wife loves the extra seating surface and that it's heated.
I love the RM seat . . . it's extremely comfortable, and I'd like to find a way to keep it. It's a used seat, so I expect at least some settling has already occurred. I can barely touch the floor in this seat, so it would have to settle a lot for me. I'm going to talk to the dealer to see what options there are for lowering the bike, so maybe there's still hope I can keep the RM seat.

·
Rider
795 Posts
When I had my CVO Harley I had a little trouble flat footing with the Harley heated seat. I wound up having the foam dished out a little where my thighs hit the seat and that made all of the difference in the world. If this virus will get lost there are usually some seat modifiers at the major rallies. You may also be able to find a local upholsterer that can modify the foam then re-attach the cover. Just wanted to give you an option.

Reactions: RonW64
1 - 16 of 16 Posts