Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Gold member
6,437 Posts
Haha, sorry, no bugs here. Im a little bummed out but certainly not to the point of "bugged" because of it. I'm planning to keep riding into the winter like I said. Just need my creature comforts that I'm used to. Wish I was retired, but that will be in about 48 months lord willing.
Retirement isn't for everybody, I'm over 30 yrs retired and one day I think I wanted or I mean wished I was working. Now.... it may have been a dream/nightmare. See what I mean? Keep working it's too tuff.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Retirement isn't for everybody, I'm over 30 yrs retired and one day I think I wanted or I mean wished I was working. Now.... it may have been a dream/nightmare. See what I mean? Keep working it's too tuff.

When I do retire, I'd like to work a little part time job in an Indian, BMW or European bike shop. Let me move a bike here to there is fine by me!
Hi Yarvis, yes this upcoming Sunday 10/16/2016.
I won't be able to meet up this Sunday unfortunately, I have a regular day for work this weekend. Have a good ride guys, be safe.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey I know this thread is old but I live in queens, just bought a new scout 60, and would love to ride with some fellow Indians..

Hit me up dudes!!!
did I ride with you on the 9/11 memorial ride?!?!?

·
Bronze member
1,224 Posts
Hey Guys! It looks like I bought my Roadmaster too late in the year to join the Long Island riders for a run. But have we got an actual local chapter yet? Or is anyone collecting contact information for local rides?
Mineola Indian/Polaris is GREAT! But I live a long way east of Mineola. We do have some pretty good roads out on the east end. I hope that there will be some rides scheduled for next year. Heck! A run to the ferry and tooling about New England would be terrific! Please keep me in mind for 2017.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hey Guys! It looks like I bought my Roadmaster too late in the year to join the Long Island riders for a run. But have we got an actual local chapter yet? Or is anyone collecting contact information for local rides?
Mineola Indian/Polaris is GREAT! But I live a long way east of Mineola. We do have some pretty good roads out on the east end. I hope that there will be some rides scheduled for next year. Heck! A run to the ferry and tooling about New England would be terrific! Please keep me in mind for 2017.
Yes we have a IMRG chapter in Mineola. We just did a toys for tots run yesterday with the bikers from Brooklyn and won a trophy for most represented club. We meet the second Saturday of every month at Mineola Moto
Also I am from Lindenhurst and ride out east quite often.
Here's our flier from our last meeting. Hope to see you at the December meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Change of date for the December IMRG meeting. The new Date is this Saturday December 3 at 9am. We are hoping to go for a ride up to oyster bay for lunch and then check out Billy Joel's Museum. Hope to see you there.

·
Bronze member
1,224 Posts
Change of date for the December IMRG meeting. The new Date is this Saturday December 3 at 9am. We are hoping to go for a ride up to oyster bay for lunch and then check out Billy Joel's Museum. Hope to see you there.

Let's hope for great riding weather. And 20th Century Cycles is GREAT! Ya never know. I've bumped into and chatted with Billy Joel and he's a heck of a nice guy.

·
Bronze member
1,224 Posts

Next meeting coming up! Feb. 11!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here's the info: Saturday, March 19th, from 10am to noon at MineolaMoto (336 Jericho Tpke, Mineola, NY). It's the first 'meet & greet' for the formation of a NYC metro area Indian Riders Group. Refreshments will be served.
I'm picking up my Scout on Tuesday , and I'll be there on that Saturday. The good folks at MineolaMoto are sponsoring the event.

I should have my scout by then shipped from WI, I will be there also, thanks for the info

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey I know this thread is old but I live in queens, just bought a new scout 60, and would love to ride with some fellow Indians..

Hit me up dudes!!!

Hey DP I live in Astoria, my bike arrives end of March, waiting for some warmth, we should continue this!! Lets ride

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am also from Long Island and would be interested in a local IMRG. Not really thrilled to have to go out to Jersey to go on rides. By the way tonight is Full Throttle magazine bike night at the Parrot in Bayport. I will be there with my 2016 Roadmaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk View attachment 22964
I agree with that trek over the Washington Bridge, hit me up when we have some increased temps. I live in Astoria, Scout owner.

·
Gold member
6,437 Posts
I should have my scout by then shipped from WI, I will be there also, thanks for the info
AH, go get it and ride, it’s a scout so if it’s over 150 miles away keep the delivery plans. Good luck!

·
Registered
65 Posts
AH, go get it and ride, it’s a scout so if it’s over 150 miles away keep the delivery plans. Good luck!

Thanks, if there is a burst of warm weather Im on the first plane for a first road trip ever! I have pics all over my cubicle Haha

·
Gold member
6,437 Posts
Thanks, if there is a burst of warm weather Im on the first plane for a first road trip ever! I have pics all over my cubicle Haha
I ride with another Scout from down your way, maybe he and I can have you join in. Also all through the summer we have a Car & bike show every Wednesday night. If’n you wanna look it up it’s at Bear Mountain car n bike show, Motorcycle sponsored by Harley local group. They don’t pass out too many trophies for Indians but I took a Best of Show and Best Bike! And a people’s choice trophy.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts