Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
@Dog gone The new Indian dealer in Danbury will be starting their own riding group soon .Soon there will be plenty of us in the Ct, Westchester area .
I just saw this very old thread. Tell me more about an indian dealer in danbury please. I'm in Columbia county ny and a little over 1 1/2 away but Danbury would actually be the closest dealer to me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi Sunday we are doing our club ride to upstate ny and lunch upstate. Etc. basically a real nice fall foliage ride, you are more than welcome to ride with us ans definitely join the club
Message me for more info
Ps great looking bike enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earman:
Just saw your message, sorry. Yesterday, (Sunday) was a washout for most of the day by me. Did you guys go out as planned? I'm still waiting to get some items installed on my bike.

·
Gold member
6,437 Posts
I just saw this very old thread. Tell me more about an indian dealer in danbury please. I'm in Columbia county ny and a little over 1 1/2 away but Danbury would actually be the closest dealer to me.
I live in Ossining and I've been to that Indian dealer, won't move even on a t/shirt. But was giving away muffin tops. And free tap water. Nice new showroom, Father and son deal! Nice enuf place, 1000 yards down the road is a established Harley dealer was giving away; Wait. For it: beer cigars water pop pizza, Donuts were all gone! Back to Indian I picked up a few hundred dollar coat and held it up and asked for 10-15% off and his head was wagging back n forth! Did I ask for too much? I brought 4 Harley riders with me and he made no impression at all. Then we went over to Harley, they had live music outside and the other goodies were indoors! But if you wanna hike up there and can grab a few guys I'm in- we can meet at Starbucks in Briar Cliff. PM me and I'll give you my phone number, I put
My bikes away soon (March)! So don't wait too long!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi Sunday we are doing our club ride to upstate ny and lunch upstate. Etc. basically a real nice fall foliage ride, you are more than welcome to ride with us ans definitely join the club
Message me for more info
Ps great looking bike enjoy

Wait a minute, you talking about this UPCOMING Sunday?

·
Registered
257 Posts
You passed up my offer? That's alright! Earman is sometimes busy and may take a while getting back to you. But he will, Take care.
Dog
I'm sorry, did I miss your offer to meet up? I thought it passed on this past Sunday, not for the following Sunday? I'm confused here! LMAO. Seriously, are you now talking about Long Island or upstate NY? Because, upstate is a bit of a haul for me when my bike still has no heated grips! (Damn back order!)

·
Gold member
6,437 Posts
Dog
I'm sorry, did I miss your offer to meet up? I thought it passed on this past Sunday, not for the following Sunday? I'm confused here! LMAO. Seriously, are you now talking about Long Island or upstate NY? Because, upstate is a bit of a haul for me when my bike still has no heated grips! (Damn back order!)
I only ride till March maybe when my hands get cold, but I can do any Sunday except last Sunday; kuz it's passed. Heated grips only do so much. I live up near Hillary, one more light up. Yep if ya wanna ride we can go to Cold Springs-less then half hours ride-all kinds of bikes on any given Sunday. But if we can't get passed cold hands then my offer is wasted post time. I wear gloves sometimes two pair! I also have heated clothing but it's only early October, not even thanksgiving or Halloween yet. So if you already need heated grips I'll see you next year May June or July! But if others are to cold to ride and you need someone to ride with I'm here. These air cooled bikes run the best in this cooler weather but unfortunately there are fair weather riders (kind of a Harley rider description) so it's your battle to over come. I'll still be here/riding! Any time dude.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I only ride till March maybe when my hands get cold, but I can do any Sunday except last Sunday; kuz it's passed. Heated grips only do so much. I live up near Hillary, one more light up. Yep if ya wanna ride we can go to Cold Springs-less then half hours ride-all kinds of bikes on any given Sunday. But if we can't get passed cold hands then my offer is wasted post time. I wear gloves sometimes two pair! I also have heated clothing but it's only early October, not even thanksgiving or Halloween yet. So if you already need heated grips I'll see you next year May June or July! But if others are to cold to ride and you need someone to ride with I'm here. These air cooled bikes run the best in this cooler weather but unfortunately there are fair weather riders (kind of a Harley rider description) so it's your battle to over come. I'll still be here/riding! Any time dude.
I usually ride all year long myself as long as there is no heavy amounts of snow or ice on the road. I also use an electric vest and EVERY BIKE I have ever owned has had electric grip heaters. This bike has none and they are backordered so I'll curtail any long distance trips until until I get them. I rode in this morning and it was brisk at 52 degrees and I agree, the bike runs best in this type of weather. My only real issue is my lack of weekends off now. SM are the best I can get and most Sundays my wife has plans, but i do get a Sunday for myself here or there.

Reactions: Dog gone

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Wait a minute, you talking about this UPCOMING Sunday?
Yes @ Earman67 is talking about this Sunday. I won't be attending B/C I am going to be in Daytona for Biketoberfest. Last Sunday we were just going to head to the OBI but the rain put a damper on that idea. The Mineola IMRG is also doing a ride to Brooklyn Saturday for an event also.
Our IMRG collected $600 to send care packages to troops over seas at our September meeting and we were boxing the items up to be sent out at our October meeting last Saturday.

·
Registered
257 Posts
This is the ride the Mineola IMRG will be doing Saturday.

I wish I didn't work Saturdays but i do. This sounds like a GREAT cause.

·
Gold member
6,437 Posts
I wish I didn't work Saturdays but i do. This sounds like a GREAT cause.
I've met a half dozen of that riders group, nice guys! All of them! I'm retired and can ride any day of the week! Check on the thread for sell you may find some grip warmers. Do you have the heated gloves that hook into your vest? I've got the jacket gloves and a dual thermos stat, I'd love to add the socks. Cold toes and finger tips suck and make quick responses slow up considerably. Where are you (Queens)? I'm new to the state, I ride with a few guys from down in that area and we have a blast. Take care and keep in touch, ask anytime.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've met a half dozen of that riders group, nice guys! All of them! I'm retired and can ride any day of the week! Check on the thread for sell you may find some grip warmers. Do you have the heated gloves that hook into your vest? I've got the jacket gloves and a dual thermos stat, I'd love to add the socks. Cold toes and finger tips suck and make quick responses slow up considerably. Where are you (Queens)? I'm new to the state, I ride with a few guys from down in that area and we have a blast. Take care and keep in touch, ask anytime.
I had those heated gloves years ago, they were to big and bulky for me so I do better with the grip heaters. My new bike deal has me getting those grip heaters and reduced reach kickstand for a good deal with NO INSTALL FEES. The problem being is they are back ordered. I plan to retire in September, 2020. So I have to eat this no weekend off crap for another 48 months or so. Look forward to meeting all of you guys one day soon. I'm on Staten Island. I do LOTS AND LOTS of riding in north New Jersey with my buddy Mike. This summer was kind of wash due to work, hoping next spring and summer isn't.

·
Gold member
6,437 Posts
I had those heated gloves years ago, they were to big and bulky for me so I do better with the grip heaters. My new bike deal has me getting those grip heaters and reduced reach kickstand for a good deal with NO INSTALL FEES. The problem being is they are back ordered. I plan to retire in September, 2020. So I have to eat this no weekend off crap for another 48 months or so. Look forward to meeting all of you guys one day soon. I'm on Staten Island. I do LOTS AND LOTS of riding in north New Jersey with my buddy Mike. This summer was kind of wash due to work, hoping next spring and summer isn't.
Leatherup.com Has heated grips 40-50 dollars heated gloves for 50-70 or 129.00 dollars socks 59-69.00 dollars. 2 days they'll be at your house.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Leatherup.com Has heated grips 40-50 dollars heated gloves for 50-70 or 129.00 dollars socks 59-69.00 dollars. 2 days they'll be at your house.
Thanks for the link and the heads up!

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Gold member
6,437 Posts
Ok, you got me again, bugs??
It's on another thread; someone has bugs up their butt X. If yours is only re: heated grips on back order then it will not count. I'd rather 'get you on a ride' This Indian forum is so informative and 98% friendly.

·
Registered
257 Posts
It's on another thread; someone has bugs up their butt X. If yours is only re: heated grips on back order then it will not count. I'd rather 'get you on a ride' This Indian forum is so informative and 98% friendly.
Haha, sorry, no bugs here. Im a little bummed out but certainly not to the point of "bugged" because of it. I'm planning to keep riding into the winter like I said. Just need my creature comforts that I'm used to. Wish I was retired, but that will be in about 48 months lord willing.

Reactions: Dog gone
41 - 60 of 89 Posts