Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I agree, nice

·
Registered
441 Posts
My wife quits, maybe I will get a quilted Indian cover, how cool would that be. Looks like I could buy a Classic and a Scout with the money that Ricoma machine might cost.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do believe anyone who has a wife that quilts and/or embroiders gets off cheaper buying her a Scout.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had the opportunity to visit my local HD dealer and had a sit on their new 750 model today. It was a few thousand less than the Scout...and felt lt. More of an upright sitting position. It had a bit of a sterile vibe about it too. The Scout however just beams of personality and presence. I generally try to be objective and view all the newer HD models with an open mind....and nothing made my senses tingle like all the newer Indian models especially the Scout. Now a sit is a sit and I get it...but moving the front ends around with just a flat out eyes closed ergonomic feel, there is a geometry that Indian has gotten right, even with all the Chief Models and most especially the Scout.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
what a coincidence! My husband just made some key rings for the surf shop and I commandeered one for the Scout!

f off.JPG

·
Registered
733 Posts
I had the opportunity to visit my local HD dealer and had a sit on their new 750 model today. It was a few thousand less than the Scout...and felt lt. More of an upright sitting position. It had a bit of a sterile vibe about it too. The Scout however just beams of personality and presence. I generally try to be objective and view all the newer HD models with an open mind....and nothing made my senses tingle like all the newer Indian models especially the Scout. Now a sit is a sit and I get it...but moving the front ends around with just a flat out eyes closed ergonomic feel, there is a geometry that Indian has gotten right, even with all the Chief Models and most especially the Scout.
Yep, less we get tagged with the hattin HD line again let me agree with you here just a certain vibe with the Scout. Is it attention to detail and a soul inside of a machine. Elusive and hard to prove but, certain creations of man do seem to get them; sailing ships, Steam Locomotives, legendary race cars and I think the Scout will prove to be one of these as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I learned to ride this summer on a brand new HD 500 Street...I agree completely with 1adam12...The bike just felt wrong, (admittedly, I am a bigger guy, but still...) and the Scout feels perfect.

·
Registered
98 Posts
To me nothing really looks like the Scout. From the engine visual design to the cooler in front to the great looking low seat to the fenders.....its just a great industrial looking motorcycle meshed with modern flairs. I respect HD's but they just dont for the the look that grabs my mechanical heart strings like the Scout does....its personal preference. That said I havent ridden a Harley yet and I'm sure they are nice bikes...just not the look i'm going after. Its either an Indian Scout, or probably an old school looking cafe racer style.

.....and yes, you must get a nice key fob for the Scout to keep it looking nice!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was waiting for the Harley 750 street to come out. Back in July I was lucky to test ride Harley's livewire in NYC. During the ride they had a 500 and 750 pacing the group of electric bikes on demo rides. The streets looked like a cheap old bikes to me. The livewire was awesome just not enough battery life for the real world. The Scout is an amazing looking machine, the fit and Finnish looks great, and it looks like it will be a classic before its even out.

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
Had the exactly the same impression!

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
WHen I started seeing articles about the Street, I thought it might be worth looking at. Then I saw the Scout and ordered one. I haven't seen or thought of the Street until just now......Now I'm done thinking about it.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
My wife saw the picture of the Scout key setup and thought I shouldn't scratch the finish. A small gift.
I ended up with one of the headdress bottle opener key bob as a dealer gift and very soon exchanged it for a braided parachute cord bob!
I like it, it is easy to find in a pocket or jacket pocket and doesn't harm the finish! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts