Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried several times, and had set the clock when I got the bike as the time was off a bit, so I know it can be done.
I am trying to set it from the screen that has nothing on it but radio off in the display in the middle, I am making an assumption here that that is the odometer screen that you set the clock from, by just holding the left toggle ? I have held that left toggle switch as long as two min with nothing happening, and the right one just brings up brightness. My thought are, if theres an issue with the display computer, there will be an update at some point. Sure seems like a lot of people have an issue, to differing degrees.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Tried several times, and had set the clock when I got the bike as the time was off a bit, so I know it can be done.
I am trying to set it from the screen that has nothing on it but radio off in the display in the middle, I am making an assumption here that that is the odometer screen that you set the clock from, by just holding the left toggle ? I have held that left toggle switch as long as two min with nothing happening, and the right one just brings up brightness. My thought are, if theres an issue with the display computer, there will be an update at some point. Sure seems like a lot of people have an issue, to differing degrees.
Power it down for at least 10 seconds. then hold left toggle as you push the main power button on the tank. settings screen will pop up to set your clock. I just did mine this weekend...

·
Registered
391 Posts
With my Chieftain hold both left and right until the menu appears. Then scroll down the menu to the Item you want. Page 41 of your owner's manual

·
Registered
335 Posts
My local dealer just received an update to correct this problem with resetting the oil life display along with other updates. It is a new flash that takes about 25 minutes to administer. It corrects the quirky little issues with displays, etc. It works!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Might want to give your dealer a heads up on the new update to the digital mechanic software. I believe it is the 11/3 or 11/4 update they must install before they can flash your bike to fix your digital display issues. Might save some time at the dealership. Some dealers are unaware of the new update to their software.

Reactions: pioneerscot
1 - 6 of 6 Posts