Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an issue with their 2019 not seeing their phone when plugged into usb?

Phone charges, but says no device is plugged in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
It’s happened once or twice to me. When I turned off & on the bike again, it came back. Just a connection glitch I think.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s happened once or twice to me. When I turned off & on the bike again, it came back. Just a connection glitch I think.

That had happened to me before too. But this time it won’t work at all

·
Registered
44 Posts
It’s the cable you use. I have an old one but long because I have a cell cradle to see Waze app. Through the trip it kept on disconnecting and disrupting my music that I was also listening too. So I pulled over because I couldn't take it no more and switch to a brand new cable that was much shorter. I had to rest my phone in the compartment. No disruption, no disconnect, no problem. I’m in the process of ordering a new cable.

·
Rider
724 Posts
Has anyone had an issue with their 2019 not seeing their phone when plugged into usb?

Phone charges, but says no device is plugged in...

I bought a new lightning connector (iPhone) with a 90 degree turn to it, so that the connection has more room in the little phone glove box area. Old one was getting vibrated loose. Works far better.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My 17 Chieftain did the same thing, it was the Indian connector I added some
Electrical tape to on side of my cable no more issues.
David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts