Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this yesterday on my 2017 with 6600 miles. I've already made an appointment with the doctor. They can't get me in until August 1st.

Anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

I told the service department that "It's not a Harley. It is not supposed to do that.". They laughed.

;-)

20200709_181629.jpg

·
Drag me down and let me burn forever!
708 Posts
bummer. i'm sure you'll get taken care of. stuff happens... just maintain your oil level and keep riding until your service date!

·
Bronze member
2,902 Posts
seepage... and not enough to worry about... just messy and a eyesore... keep your appointment and get it fixed but ride it until it's done... it's an engine they all have their problems eventually

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seepage... and not enough to worry about... just messy and a eyesore... keep your appointment and get it fixed but ride it until it's done... it's an engine they all have their problems eventually
That's exactly what I called it when I described it to the Indian service folks. Seepage.

They said ride it and if it gets worse to call them and they'd try to get it in sooner. I got the extended warranty last year so I am not worried about it.

It's 'soiling' my bike!!!

GRRR!!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
The Aug 1st date is BS. I've never owned a car or motorcycle that when it had a problem I couldnt just take it in and get it fixed.

·
Drag me down and let me burn forever!
708 Posts
The Aug 1st date is BS. I've never owned a car or motorcycle that when it had a problem I couldnt just take it in and get it fixed.
we're living in different times right now - where people are scared to be in the same building as one another.... or are threatened over that same idea. i'm sure they have had to completely rework their service intake procedure and when customers can deliver and drop off. and on top of that, i'm sure they've cut their force down due to budget cuts and lack of work.

·
Bronze member
2,902 Posts
you don't live around here (Northern Plains)... you are lucky if it's a 2 week wait.. most dealers are multi-brand, multi motorized sports (ATV, UTV, Jet Ski's, Snowmobiles and then add 4 or 5 bike brands) with one service department

Reactions: Tabernash

·
Silver member
4,692 Posts
Check the torque on the head bolts...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wouldn't go that far and I wouldn't raise a stink over it.

It's rideable as is so why take it in before they have they time to get at it and get it done? He would just be stuck without a ride otherwise. Our local dealership is backed up big time on work and they have been selling bikes in record numbers every weekend. They run little events every weekend and when they do the service department has a line of guys getting their 500m service.

This is a somewhat known but not at all common issue with Indians. Ride it, enjoy it, get it fixed, then continue to ride it and enjoy it. If your local service dept. is as solid as the one we have here is you'll be fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts