Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When is an Indian not an Indian? I just bought a KM '10 Vintage with only 5k miles that was built at Kings Mountain factory,never titled,used as R&D (and demo bike?),transferred to Spirit Lake after Polaris bought KM,stored in warehouse 'til 2017 and auctioned with 17 other KM's (to Polaris employees only),with only a MCO (not Indian),now registered as special construction '17 model mfg by "Subculture Custom Cycles"with non KM vin #.Supposidly they couldn't be registered as a KM is in 2017 because KM no longer existed! So I have one of the 18 KM's auctioned that's 100% Indian but not registered as Indian COOL HUH !

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Join the KM Indian owners group on Face Book. There are some pretty good tips there. That is where I read the story about the group of bikes that include yours.

·
Rider
550 Posts
That is awesome and I bet you got it at a steal. Enjoy the hell out of it!!! Sweeeeeeet!

·
Registered
486 Posts
When is an Indian not an Indian? I just bought a KM '10 Vintage with only 5k miles that was built at Kings Mountain factory,never titled,used as R&D (and demo bike?),transferred to Spirit Lake after Polaris bought KM,stored in warehouse 'til 2017 and auctioned with 17 other KM's (to Polaris employees only),with only a MCO (not Indian),now registered as special construction '17 model mfg by "Subculture Custom Cycles"with non KM vin #.Supposidly they couldn't be registered as a KM is in 2017 because KM no longer existed! So I have one of the 18 KM's auctioned that's 100% Indian but not registered as Indian COOL HUH !
Cool! How about a picture.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts