Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with a noise located in the dashboard, coming from the part around the gages.
Over 3k5rpm or at (France) highway speed, this noise is covering everything, music, engine, wind … and give me a headache after 1h.
I tried to put some foam dampers all around, but it was even worst …
Do you have any clues to stop this part to vibrate ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Could this be the windshield noise issue? There are videos on YouTube explaining how to check and fix it.
I have a noise also and will investigate once I get home to the bike next month

·
Registered
128 Posts
I love my Indian motorcycle. I feel that the Indian quality is paramount and they looks are second to none. However there really seems to be an issue with noise within the fairings on most Indian motorcycles that I've run across. I really want Polaris to put their brains behind this and get it figured out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It is not coming from the windshield.
I’m often riding with the cruise control and my hand pressing on the dashboard to stop that noise…

·
Registered
4 Posts
That section may need to be reseated (the section above & around gauges is designed to pop off fairly easy if you pull up on it since that's where the garage door module goes) or maybe its missing the felt & rubber pads that go on the contact points

·
Registered
10 Posts
That section may need to be reseated (the section above & around gauges is designed to pop off fairly easy if you pull up on it since that's where the garage door module goes) or maybe its missing the felt & rubber pads that go on the contact points
Interesting.....I have over 6000 miles on my challenger, there is no noise. On my 2017 Roadmaster I did have some noise, but seemed to go away after some miles on it. I sold it with 43,000 miles on it. That bike sold me. I beat the hell out of it. It took it.....My Challenger is just an all around superior bike....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Make sure the gauge cluster is snapped down right. Mine was loose after the handlebars were installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts