Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Chieftain and my tire pressure sensors were sporadic and would only read tire pressure 50% of the time. This occurs on both tires where i get red dashes instead of PSI reading. I am assuming this is a bluetooth signal.

Also my Key FOB only worked half the time. I changed out the batteries three times and replaced the FOB. It still does not work. I'm also assuming this is a Bluetooth signal.

Additionally my Bluetooth Audio is degraded where the volume appears to be 1/2 of what it used to be.

Based off of theses three conditions I'm starting with the Bluetooth. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I am thinking onboard computer under the seat.

It is under warranty however it is also my current daily driver. I cannot leave it at the dealer so I am trying to get some fidelity before we continue the troubleshooting process.

I'm not sure what caused this or what it is the issue but I do recall it working fine prior to the torrential down pour of rain I drove through recently.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hate that you are having these troubles... Bluetooth is not the transmission method for your fob or tpms. If the fob is not working at all you will need a reflash at the dealer. If it is intermittent you may need a new fob and a flash to connect it to the bike. The fob uses RFID.

Sounds like your troubles are all separate issues. Good luck

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had the rear tire sensor do this 3 times yesterday on my ride, then it would start registering again. I'm having this looked at tomorrow and will let you know what they find at A&A Cycles in Latrobe, PA

Reactions: joescian

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had the rear tire sensor do this 3 times yesterday on my ride, then it would start registering again. I'm having this looked at tomorrow and will let you know what they find at A&A Cycles in Latrobe, PA
I'm interested to see what they find as I have the exact same symptom with my 15 RM.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Could be some sort of radio frequency interference. I had it coming from an aftermarket headlight bulb that blocked my front TPMS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hate that you are having these troubles... Bluetooth is not the transmission method for your fob or tpms. If the fob is not working at all you will need a reflash at the dealer. If it is intermittent you may need a new fob and a flash to connect it to the bike. The fob uses RFID.

Sounds like your troubles are all separate issues. Good luck

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input. I did everything you said at the dealer. My FOB and Tire Pressure monitoring system worked intermittently prior to the reflash. Now they don't work at all. they wanted me to bring it in to check the on board computer.

I will take it to the dealer in a couple days.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm interested to see what they find as I have the exact same symptom with my 15 RM.
I have had the same symptoms on my 2014 Chieftain. when they did the recall, the fixed that too, but it seems to be back. I am having the 30, 000 mile check done next week , and will have them check it again then.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
At around 30,000 miles on my 19 month old 2015 Chieftain, the rear tire TPMS started working about 50/50.

Dealer recalibrated it, but still failed, so they replaced under my extended warranty and works properly now.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Banned
1,578 Posts
my front tpms used to drop out frequently when I first got it. The dealer acted like I was lying and nothing ever went wrong with Indian motorcycles. It also has a super slow leak that has resulted in the cupping of the front tire. The bike had several flashes and the tpms hasnt dropped out for months now, but I seriously doubt they will give me a new tire. I'm ok with that anyway because the dunlops are the absolute worst tires I have ever had on a bike. I'm getting a set of Michelin commanders shortly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi all, sorry that I didn't get back sooner - The dealer said that it was most likely a weak sensor (probably a sensor battery) but since the tire still had plenty of tread on it, I agreed to wait until the tire needed changing before they did the work. For right now, I'll take that advise. I just got back from a 900 mile trip and it kept having the same behavior - work for a while, go out, then start working again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2015 Chieftain and my tire pressure sensors were sporadic and would only read tire pressure 50% of the time. This occurs on both tires where i get red dashes instead of PSI reading. I am assuming this is a bluetooth signal.

Also my Key FOB only worked half the time. I changed out the batteries three times and replaced the FOB. It still does not work. I'm also assuming this is a Bluetooth signal.

Additionally my Bluetooth Audio is degraded where the volume appears to be 1/2 of what it used to be.

Based off of theses three conditions I'm starting with the Bluetooth. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I am thinking onboard computer under the seat.

It is under warranty however it is also my current daily driver. I cannot leave it at the dealer so I am trying to get some fidelity before we continue the troubleshooting process.

I'm not sure what caused this or what it is the issue but I do recall it working fine prior to the torrential down pour of rain I drove through recently.
Hi all, sorry that I didn't get back sooner - The dealer said that it was most likely a weak sensor (probably a sensor battery) but since the tire still had plenty of tread on it, I agreed to wait until the tire needed changing before they did the work. For right now, I'll take that advise. I just got back from a 900 mile trip and it kept having the same behavior - work for a while, go out, then start working again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
43000 miles on my 2014 chieftain and
jjust started having tire monitor issues. My dealer ran a diagnostic yesterday and found the rear sensor was out. Covered under my extended warrantry.. Part is ordered.

Dixie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts