Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No not all of Canada, but the move is on to BAN rigid frame bikes over in NB. Aparantly some engineer has told the Registar of motor vehicles that Rigid frame bikes are unsafe at any speed. The registar has already begun by refusing registration to motorcycles that came from the factory that way. Whic happens to be an overstepping of his power.Any way over on Face Book there is a group called Rigid Riders that NEEDS our support. Sign up, read up, get informed, get pissed off, and pass it around your social circles. We need to act now before this crap hits the US

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just read it at canada east,yea it will piss you off.It's a joke that these people are going to single out rigids as antiqes and therefore more dangerous then a modern day m/c.These people need to do more research on this.:tank:

http://www.canadaeast.com/rss/article/1394161

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is an article on this issue. If this goes any further companies like Saxtron, Titan, ect will be out of buisness and people with classic Hard tail bikes will no longer be able to ride them.

http://dailygleaner.canadaeast.com/cityregion/article/1394161

I'm still trying to find out if Quebec has a no rigid frame law.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2396 said:
No not all of Canada, but the move is on to BAN rigid frame bikes over in NB. Aparantly some engineer has told the Registar of motor vehicles that Rigid frame bikes are unsafe at any speed. The registar has already begun by refusing registration to motorcycles that came from the factory that way. Whic happens to be an overstepping of his power.Any way over on Face Book there is a group called Rigid Riders that NEEDS our support. Sign up, read up, get informed, get pissed off, and pass it around your social circles. We need to act now before this crap hits the US
Sort of sounds like Ralph Nader and the Corvair.... Safe at any speed!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The more I think about this the more it pisses me off. Go after one fatality a year instead of the multiple fatalities caused by inattentive cagers (talking, texting, eating, putting on make-up, reading) behind the wheel makes no sense to me.

I think the engineer lost a girlfriend to a guy that rode a rigid and he has had a chip on his shoulder ever since.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1606 said:
Communism is on the move!
Do you even know what Communism is???????

Communism is a sociopolitical movement that aims for a classless and stateless society structured upon common ownership of the means of production, free access to articles of consumption, and the end of wage labor and private property in the means of production and real estate.
This has nothing to do with a Socioeconomic or Sociopolitical ideology, it's all about the Nanny State!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dictatorship sounds closer to me .
What do we have to do to stop this plague of stupidity.Where do they find these idiots that keep popping up to restrict peoples rights.
why do some bast#*@# think they have the right to dictate this poop!
I think its time to start an anti bullying campaign of our own. Against these bullies!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you have anymore info on the FB group Kevin? I just looked for them and found one group but no statements concerning purpose. Didn't see your name on the list either so I must have been looking at the wrong group.

+1 on the nanny state! Pretty soon we're all going to have Govt. issued chaperons. Unbelieveable

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2610 said:
Do you even know what Communism is???????
This has nothing to do with a Socioeconomic or Sociopolitical ideology, it's all about the Nanny State!!!!
Poor choice of words perhaps but I think everyone gets the point. Our Governments are taking away our freedoms and our money, not necessarily in that order.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A little info from Quebec, where this engineer is getting his information. No where in this information does it claim instability under any speed, it only claims in certain conditions the vehicle is less stable. But those conditions make all vehicles less stable.

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/miscellany/modifying_car/probihited.php

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/miscellany/modifying_car/advice.php

In all the information I have been able to dig up it talks about modifications and nothing about OEM vehicles.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your long term solution is to stop voting for people that think they know how to run your life, and make better decisions for you than you can make for yourself. Until we all learn to do that, we will keep playing these 'Whack-a-Mole' kinds of games with Legislators.

Mayberry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
5505 said:
Your long term solution is to stop voting for people that think they know how to run your life, and make better decisions for you than you can make for yourself. Until we all learn to do that, we will keep playing these 'Whack-a-Mole' kinds of games with Legislators.

Mayberry
Problem is these 'engineers' and/or 'administrators' are not voted in, but rather hired in...and then the folks that are voted in are too stupid to question their government employees so they always agree with them. I deal with these a$$-clowns on a daily basis and they suck. They will never make a decision unless it's to make things more regulated. They will openly tell you that they can never improve their career by making changes, but they sure can end it.....so if there is a decision to be made it is to make life more oppressive. I see it every single day in government.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not sure when it was passed out here, must have been at some point when I was posted out of NS, but Rigid frames are no longer able to pass safety here

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1522 said:
Problem is these 'engineers' and/or 'administrators' are not voted in, but rather hired in...and then the folks that are voted in are too stupid to question their government employees so they always agree with them. I deal with these a$$-clowns on a daily basis and they suck. They will never make a decision unless it's to make things more regulated. They will openly tell you that they can never improve their career by making changes, but they sure can end it.....so if there is a decision to be made it is to make life more oppressive. I see it every single day in government.
Great Point! Smaller Government is the only answer left then. Fewer people making fewer rules. If these guys are concerned with Rigid Frames while we have Air Traffic Controlers falling asleep...........Then we have too many NTSB employees with too much time on there hands.

Mayberry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts