Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Should Indian offer the classic Indian Red paint on every model?

• Yes, and while they’re at it don’t copy the Harley’s ugly fixed fairing for the Renegade.

Votes: 66 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 22.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Founding member
1,746 Posts
With regards to Indian red being available, I agree, but I guess it wasn't selling, at least not on the basic Chief. I also really liked the Springfield Blue, but that got canned too.

As for the Challenger fairing, I think it looks fine now that the preview video showed a better view of the bulbs and it doesn't look like a Harley at all from the front due to different bulb patterns and shapes. Maybe a bit in profile, but then the engine and bags look different, so I'm fine with it, there's no angle the bike can be mistaken for a Harley. As opposed to the new Chief-glide fairing that I don't care for, which screams Harley from the front.

·
Registered
496 Posts
With regards to Indian red being available, I agree, but I guess it wasn't selling, at least not on the basic Chief. I also really liked the Springfield Blue, but that got canned too.
I have a red and cream 2015 RM and the positive feedback I receive from people who see my bike still amazes me. Just yesterday I had two groups of people walk by and ask if they could take photos standing next to my bike. Another group of HD riders stopped to talk and also commented on the color. While I think Indian was crazy to stop offering that color combination, I’m happy to own a bike that is relatively unique and no longer available on stock bikes.

·
Bronze member
1,813 Posts
I get many comments on the red color of my Scout. From what I heard, the red is coming back for the Scout's 100th year anniversary (and looks a lot like mine with tank badge and pinstripe). Don't know on other models

·
Bronze member
3,043 Posts
well I voted no... just because the choice was every model or not... the Chieftain Limited's and the new Challenger should not get it... the rest of the lineup... I've always thought that the Indian Red should be the base color... instead of Black... Indian and Red just seem to go together whether that's our perception or not I don't know...

·
Silver member
4,805 Posts
I get many comments on the red color of my Scout. From what I heard, the red is coming back for the Scout's 100th year anniversary (and looks a lot like mine with tank badge and pinstripe). Don't know on other models
That is correct from my understanding too. The 100 year Scout is Indian Red with gold striping/gold Script like the old bikes. Similar to the Gilroy Springfield scheme...

upload_2019-8-28_7-31-35.png

·
Silver member
4,805 Posts
I think they should rotate the Indian Red in and out of the line-up from time to time. As someone stated, have it on one or two models every year. But the drab matte finish dark horse look is in fashion these days so I expect more muted colors this year...

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Bronze member
3,043 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well I voted no... just because the choice was every model or not... the Chieftain Limited's and the new Challenger should not get it... the rest of the lineup... I've always thought that the Indian Red should be the base color... instead of Black... Indian and Red just seem to go together whether that's our perception or not I don't know...
Why not those two? Mine is a Chieftain Limited, and the only way I’d love it more was if it was Indian Red. That’s the color most associated with the brand’s heritage, which is one of the reasons I went Indian over HD

·
Bronze member
3,043 Posts
Well because there not the "classic" design... the 18 and 17 Limited's would be OK.... but IMO it's a color that should stay with the classic design...as I said it should be the base paint... not black

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well because there not the "classic" design... the 18 and 17 Limited's would be OK.... but IMO it's a color that should stay with the classic design...as I said it should be the base paint... not black
Punishment for buying the Harley clone fairing? I’ll accept that logic. Mine is a 17, I love the old fairing.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have the red & cream RM classic. The fewer like it I see the more I like mine. But they should offer one model a year with the Indian red.

·
Bronze member
3,043 Posts
Punishment for buying the Harley clone fairing? I’ll accept that logic. Mine is a 17, I love the old fairing.
no not punishment... just a different direction they're taking with the bikes... if it was me it would be with the colors too... and Indian Red wouldn't be one of them..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There’s quite a few of us who choose Indians p
no not punishment... just a different direction they're taking with the bikes... if it was me it would be with the colors too... and Indian Red wouldn't be one of them..
for the classic look, and the color is one of those classic features. You can spread the brand’s wings and still keep tied to the original brand. I won’t be buying a second bike if Indian turns into Victory.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts