Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just about to head out and I get no ignition from the bike, no clue why.
Here's some extra information:
It's not the the first time this has happened but last time I had heated grips which I thought were draining the batteryI, have nothing currently connected to the battery.
Power level showing as 11.9V, not sure if that is low since I don't know the default value for this one except when she's already running.
Quite the low engine temp, not sure if that's relevant here, about 2°C
All I hear is a click and nothing more.

Anybody know what I should check?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I literally made a post yesterday that I think the heated grips connector caused my battery to empty in less than 12 hours so might be the same issue.

Does sound like your battery is completely dead, I'd suggest checking your fuses first and putting it on charge for couple of hours.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oxford grips? They said the controller was a smart controller that would disconnect, fta chance it seems hah
The thing is that I removed those grips about a month ago though, they drained them then but it happened today as well..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yep, I know! What is strange is that it's clearly ignition switched (The controller lights only come on with ignition and turn off after) but I can't see what else could have done it. Installed Oxford grips before and never encountered this, I just seem to be running into never ending issues with this bikes electrics.

I complained once before to dealership about my battery going dead after several days and they said there was nothing wrong with it upon inspection. I know someone else posted recently about being on their 3rd or 4th battery already due to issues with it.

Did you have any luck with charging your bike?

·
Rider
1,338 Posts
If you have an ammeter you can quickly check by connecting it in series with your positive battery lead with ignition off to see whether you have a parasitic drain? It'll then be a quick method of pulling fuses and/or relays to determine exactly what system is causing it. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts