Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
15,372 Posts
You should be able to shut those off either from your device (whatever it is) or from your account settings (located when you click on your profile).

·
Rider
943 Posts
Please explain the term push setting. Thanks, I need to learn something everyday and that ain't easy at my age.
once you get a bit older you'll start to forget things like friends and stuff. So learning becomes a daily event. Click on your avatar in the upper right corner and select account settings, then preferences, then scroll down and you will find push notifications. If you are using a cell phone or tablet you can turn off push notifications in your settings.

Reactions: HINK

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
If you click your avatar at top right you get a menu, and one item is Alerts. You can click that and see if people have responded to you, quoted you, given you a like, etc. The difference with Push Notifications is that they usually pop up a small box telling you the same stuff, and they do it when the forum software decides, not necessarily when you want to check for them.

The Settings menu shows tick boxes for 44 different kinds of alerts/notifications. This is what we get instead of a 'Funny' button. :(

·
Rider
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the directions.

I was referring to the popup that I was getting continuously yesterday. asking me if I wanted them. It seemed like every time I moved to a new page I would get the popup. Seems to have stopped today.

BD

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Thanks for the directions.

I was referring to the popup that I was getting continuously yesterday. asking me if I wanted them. It seemed like every time I moved to a new page I would get the popup. Seems to have stopped today.
BD
Those popups are the push notifications. Imagine getting one of them every time somebody replied to a thread you'd posted to. o_O

1 - 7 of 7 Posts