Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asking for help. I am not a motorcycle man. My father in law passed away in April and I am trying to get his chieftain running so they can sell it. The battery was dead so I removed it and took it home to charge it

Reinstalled the battery and now it powers on. What I Noticed is the neutral light doesn’t illuminate wow it’s a neutral however it does light up during Bulb check . Also the power light comes on solid and the fuel pump primes Pressing the start button down nothing and eventually the power light flashes and then the bike powers down.

Next to the pcm under the seat there are 3 connector plugs. 2- 2 pin plugs and a large 16 pin plug. Not sure if these are for optional equipment and maybe the big one is for a scan tool? I do not know the pin for the bike as my father in law was the only. One to know it Anyway hopefully someone can help. I read that this could be a key fob issue. And I replaced the 2032 battery in the fob. But didn’t have a new one at the moment. Going to try a fresh one on the morning when it is light. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
560 Posts
Bike is not reading key fob. That is why N light doesnt show and power button flashes.
Replace key fob battery

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good deal I was leaning leaning toward that based on what I read. My mother-in-law had some batteries in a pack and I put a new 2032 battery in it but God only knows how old they were it’s probably wasn’t much better than the one I took out I’ll try it with a fresh battery. Thanks for the reply

1 - 4 of 4 Posts