Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally replaced my worn out original Kendas after 11,000 miles. I bought Pirelli Night Dragons on the advice of many of you. It's like night and day.

I cannot believe the difference. It's like a completely different bike. It handles much better, absorbs bumps better and seems to have less rolling resistance.

Highly recommended! I wish I'd done it sooner.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have been thinking about having mine changed. I'll have to look at how worn mine are almost 3k but i'm going to try to improve the ride. The ol lady is now into riding and wants a challenger, so i'm trying to spend a little money to avoid that. lol

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had no idea that it would make that much difference. I can't wait. I think I'm going to try the 180/65/16 for a little more tire

·
Rider
660 Posts
Be sure to replace the valve stems with angled ones while you're at it... and have the wheels (with new tires mounted) spin-balanced at the shop.

·
Rider
660 Posts
On my 2017, I HAD to also replace the springs and shocks. Actually, I did springs first (cheapest), then tires, then shocks. Newer Scouts supposedly have better front end. Happy camper now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts