Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rider
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Sturgis Indian yesterday about noon. Home at 8:30 last night, 480 miles. Definitely a fun bike to ride.Stock seat seems to be comfortable enough, may need a taller wind shield at some point. Hopefully some after market co will come out with a better brake pedal. Other than that tickled pink. Bike was ordered 2-27, delivered 1st week of April. Stage 1 exhaust,AC, Tour Pack package, Premium Audio package, Highway bars, closeouts, driving lights all ordered on 2-27. Driving light control module Was back ordered but sales guy said “we can pull some strings” and showed up last week. Ordering a paint protection kit, need a couple of black accessory mounts and accessories and should be good to go. Can’t say enough about Indian of Sturgis!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Well that’s a killer bike… but if your ride home was 480 miles, I’m assuming you’re not having sturgis do your break in service?

·
Rider
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that’s a killer bike… but if your ride home was 480 miles, I’m assuming you’re not having sturgis do your break in service?
Yep, the 500 mile service is on me, as are all the services and maintenance.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Yep, the 500 mile service is on me, as are all the services and maintenance.
Spoken like a true boss. I don’t have a lift big enough for my chubby girl.

·
Rider
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spoken like a true boss. I don’t have a lift big enough for my chubby girl.
K&L lift table was one of the best investments I ever made 11 or 12 years ago. Out here in the wilds of Western Wyoming dealerships are as uncommon as an Antifa member lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse, 2021 Indian Vintage, 2019 Indian FTR-RR, 1977 Yamaha XS750
313 Posts
Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA. Sweet ride!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Great looking bike. re: the rather crappy brake peg - Some on the forum have replaced the stock brake peg with a longer peg. I went further and fabricated a figure "8" bracket to put the position lower and further forward. I then installed a Kuryakyn brake pad in place of the peg.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Darkhorse
75 Posts
Congratulations. Beautiful bike. That bike came with I believe every available option. Were all the options dealer or factory installed?

·
Rider
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yessir, all the accessories on the bike you see were installed at the dealer. They were very reasonable on the labor. I could have bolted everything on here at home but would have had to make another 1000 mile round trip for the stage 1 tune, program the driving lights and Premium Audio installs. + possibly damaging the color matched parts ie... speaker lids and tour pack.

Reactions: HyeHog
1 - 12 of 12 Posts