Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***Edit***

You can now get on the pre order list by clicking here: Dave T. Pilot Creative Innovations
******************************************************************************************************

I cannot tell you how many compliments I have received when people see the Arrowhead Seat Bolt Cover. Many people at Biketoberfest asked where I bought it. ;) Thanks to the guys who shared their ideas.

My wife always tells me that I am an obsessive perfectionist who is never satisfied and constantly trying to improve upon perfectly acceptable designs. Well I believe I have outdone myself this time! Until I come up with something better. :eek:

Here are some pictures of the newly redesigned Seat Bolt Cover. I like it so much, I will be replacing mine with the new design!

Changes:

1. I mounted the washer on the bottom of the arrowhead instead of the top. This allows the Indian pin to sit flush. It looks much better and holds stronger.

2. The washer is now attached with stainless steel screws. I drilled and tapped the pewter and applied thread locker.

3. I machined an exact fitting hole for the magnet. With the washer on the bottom the magnet holds much tighter and because it fits so perfectly, there is no longer a need for a "pin" to keep it from rotating. It just "snaps" in place.

4. I came up with a better solution to the vinyl bumpers. The Bolt Cover will come a nylon washer. The washer sits on the threaded insert on the fender and keeps the arrowhead from scratching the paint.

It is a bit labor intensive and the extra parts added to my cost a bit but I think it is a much better design. This first one is already spoken for but I will be offering these for sale. If you are interested in purchase, let me know. Please keep in mind that these are hand made and are labor intensive. I will make them as fast as I can to fill any interest.

The cost will be $50 plus shipping as long as I can get the parts for the same price point.

Additional features and options:

1. I apply 2 coats of Gold Leaf enamel. I then apply 2 coats of lacquer to the top and bottom of the arrowhead as well as the Indian pin for protection.

2. I can make them different colors or leave the metal bare.

3. I can add different pins or coins. You may have to send me what you want.

If interested, click here: Dave T. Pilot Creative Innovations

Mounted 600x400.jpg

Front 600x400.jpg

Front - Pin Removed 600x400.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Amazing piece! You know what would make that look even more exceptional on your motorcycle? I leather fender bib underneath it to make it really stick out and authentic. Let me know if you need a recommendation of where to get one, I know a great site.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you and yes, I'll take that website info. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Is there a reason the arrow is pointing down/back vs up/forward. The taillight arrow is pointing up. Can the insert be turned 90 degrees?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there a reason the arrow is pointing down/back vs up/forward. The taillight arrow is pointing up. Can the insert be turned 90 degrees?
There is nothing keeping it from being installed with the point up. Here are two pictures. One with the pin oriented with the arrowhead, (upside down when viewed from behind) and the other with the pin flipped around.
Inverted - Pin up 600x400.jpg
Inverted - Pin down 600x400.jpg

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am still waiting for parts and had to place a good sized order. Thank you all for your interest!! In the meantime, a few had asked about chrome finish. Chrome plating is cost prohibitive so I took my original arrowhead and gave it a chrome finish with chrome paint. I am very surprised how well this turned out. (This is the original prototype and still has the washer on top but just wanted to show the chrome finish.)

It still looks good with the gold Indian pin too!

Chromed look.jpg

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dave, I was impressed with your original design and ordered the belt buckle and a starter switch cover (Aeromach) to manufacture my rear bolt cover. Just in time, I discovered this page with your improvements. Thank you for your ingenuity and willingness to share your ideas. The Riders owe ya! I'm going to make a few different inserts for my arrowhead including a few with genuine native American conchos. There are some advantages to living in New Mexico.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Dave, I was impressed with your original design and ordered the belt buckle and a starter switch cover (Aeromach) to manufacture my rear bolt cover. Just in time, I discovered this page with your improvements. Thank you for your ingenuity and willingness to share your ideas. The Riders owe ya! I'm going to make a few different inserts for my arrowhead including a few with genuine native American conchos. There are some advantages to living in New Mexico.
That is just beautiful would I love to have that...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts