Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Rider
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine have no play, and fit and feel is very comfortable.I know some say certain Aftermarket Grips have some, but mine don't. A little thicker, but that is a bonus for me.

·
Rider
519 Posts
Do all the Avon's come with a throttle tube?

I have a set of Spears but am reluctant to do the install because I would have to reuse the existing throttle tube and I've heard that can be a PITA.

I am afraid that if I mess it up then I won't be able to ride, and I don't want any down time.

·
Rider
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you go to the Avon Grips site, select Indian Grips on the left side of the home page. Browse through the selection and when you find the one you like click on it and on the product page it lets you select the needed throttle tube design from a drop down menu. Install as I found out from great members here is super easy. Install took very little time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Do all the Avon's come with a throttle tube?

I have a set of Spears but am reluctant to do the install because I would have to reuse the existing throttle tube and I've heard that can be a PITA.

I am afraid that if I mess it up then I won't be able to ride, and I don't want any down time.
That was the exact reason why I ended up returning my Kuryakyn grips and going with Avon. The process was so much easier. The Avons were about the same thickness as the Kuryakyns and felt comparable overall, but was much less expensive.

·
Rider
519 Posts
Thank you both for clarifying.

Think I will go the Avon route as well. I don't even care what they look like, they are getting covered with leather anyway, I just need some comfort and some dampening from the vibration.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Got my grips in. Will be installing over the weekend.

Soooo Jealous @SuperDave!!!! I wanted the Avon black grips in a serious way, they looked so comfy & clean/straight-lined, but was told that my cafe bar end mirrors were incompatible...so settled for these. Hopefully they don't split when the ends are cut off for the mirror installo_Oo_O

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
Soooo Jealous @SuperDave!!!! I wanted the Avon black grips in a serious way, they looked so comfy & clean/straight-lined, but was told that my cafe bar end mirrors were incompatible...so settled for these. Hopefully they don't split when the ends are cut off for the mirror installo_Oo_O
use an thin blade knife from any hobby store.

·
Rider
519 Posts
I feel your pain, I originally wanted bar-end mirrors too when I first got my Scout and it was still a naked bike.

Now that the build has taken on more of a touring direction, I don't think they would look right with this config, but I do love the look of bar-ends on the right bike!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I feel your pain, I originally wanted bar-end mirrors too when I first got my Scout and it was still a naked bike.

Now that the build has taken on more of a touring direction, I don't think they would look right with this config, but I do love the look of bar-ends on the right bike!

Agreed, its amazing how ones bike can just start developing seemingly right in front of your eyes. So much freaking FUN getting creative with it!! Happy riding with those grips Dude!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I cut a hole in the end of the grips in my other motorcycle to install signal lights, I used this knife. Just make the cut in a circular or spiral motion to avoid split cuts across the length of the grip. View attachment 346561
Ok, gotcha! Can do...i think...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts