Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is my new Trailer. The color is supposed to be Springfield Blur but according to O'Reilys the color is Dark Toyota Blue. It pretty dang close and over $100.00 cheaper.

Attachments

·
Bronze member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Indian Logo just came off the printer and I will be putting it somewhere on the Trailer, I am thinking on the Back Center either top of handle or below the center tail light.

Reactions: Zammer

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,472 Posts
The Indian Logo just came off the printer and I will be putting it somewhere on the Trailer, I am thinking on the Back Center either top of handle or below the center tail light.
Love the 3D print. What material did you print it with?

What tailer is that? I've been looking at them for a little while but there are many many options out there.

·
Bronze member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I printed the Logo on a Prusa MK3s MMU2S using PLA Amazon Basic. Using 3M tape and a razor I trimmed the tape and put it on the trailer last night.

The trailer is a Neosho Starlight, not sure they even make them any more. I got the trialer from a friend of mine in FLA when he bought his new one. If you're looking for a trailer I would look into a UNI-GO on N-Line. Both are Single wheel. The guy I got my trailer from got the Uni-Go and he says he loves it and would never go back to the dual wheel. I was on a pretty tight budget when I got mine and because I dont tow much seemed like a perfect fit for me. Dont tow much, that is an understatement, so far I towed it to Texas from Monroe Louisiana and I will be taking it to Sturgis Next month that is all I have ever towed it. I got the hitch and Indian Wiring from Open Road Outfitters (Open Road Outfitters) The only reason I got it was I got tired of tying everything to the bike and looking like the Beverly Hillbilly's going on my trips. The trailer will hold 15 cubic feet so you can over load the trailer with crap so it is really more than I needed but I got it for a decent price. The uni-go would be the way to go in my opinion

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,472 Posts
Awesome! I've got an Ender3 Pro but haven't printed anything that would be outside. Any worries about the PLA and water?

Thanks for the tip, I'm on a fairly tight budget as well so I've been keeping my eyes open. I really like what Open Road Outfitters has to offer. I think their campers look awesome. I've looked at the Custom Dynamics Load idolater for the wiring. I like that it gives all the standard lighting plus a couple more switched circuits.

·
Bronze member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have made a number of things for the bike using PLA. While I would prefer to use PETG I dint have the colors I wanted. So far the PLA things I have made have lasted but I have the STL file and can order the PETG should I decide to change it out at some point. PLA is quite hydroscopic but it takes a while and heat will make it sag and distort so we will see what happens between here and when I get back I had a GPS mount on my dash made out of a combo of PETG and PLA and it was mounted for 3 years and never had an issue. I took it off because I bought a phone holder and using Waze I dont need a dedicated GPS any more. I printed a UV reactive dark Gadson Flag (Come and Take It) to cover the holes from the GPS mount.

For the trailer, they are expensive I got mine because my friend wanted a Secruity Six Revolver that I had, He is a big militray history buff and wanted if because it was similar to the one Patton carried. The pistol was worth maybe 400.00 and the trailer was worth more I have several pistols and didnt really lcare for the short barrel revolver so we traded.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,472 Posts
Very nice! I 3d printed a mount for a circuit board so I could use the factory wiring on my Challenger. It's behind the fairing so it should be protected. Would you mind sharing the logo stl file?

That's not a bad deal. I looked at both the n-line and uni-go. Interesting designs. The only thing I didn't like about the uni-go was the lack of space. Its pretty small for the cost.

·
Bronze member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The unigo looks like it is short on space. However, seeing one in person its a lot bigger than you think. It is smaller than mine but my buddy Dumpster D says its enough for him and his girlfriend. I have been with him when he starts pulling a full camp site out of it. Between his roadmaster and the unigo a Full camp site including a queen size mattress and 6 man tent.

logo can be found here Indian Logo by Millboy77 on Thingiverse: Indian Logo by Millboy77 the forum will not allow me to attach an STL of something other that txt, pictures or PDFs. When you slice the file (I use Prusa slicer) go to you layer view and scroll down from the top until you see there is a change. for instance There will be two noticeable changes 1 will be just an outline that is the one I did white then going down further you will notice the Script will change to a bigger background the smaller one is where I did red. All you need to do is instert the GCode to pause while you change colors

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,472 Posts
Awesome, I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Thanks for the link, I've collected it!

·
Bronze member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also. Check All3D and institute of 3D printing. Both will provide a lot of useful information about 3D printing. I use them all the time to figure things out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts