Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum but have been following for a long time. The Indian motorcycle has been my favorite brand for years and when Polaris announced the redesign and because I presently ride a Victory I knew I needed to get me the new Indian Vintage. I was disappointed in the first year release when there was no two tone color option. I am in Canada and could not talk the local dealer into painting one for me so decided to wait for a 2015 model. I put down a deposit on a new 2015 two tone Vintage very early to ensure that I would be first in line for the new models. Dealer was expecting delivery by mid September but I have just been informed that he will not be getting the bike until December. This is disappointing to me because I leave to go south to Phoenix for the winter and was hoping to take the new bike with me. Guess I will be driving the Victory for another 6 months!
Is anyone else who has ordered a 2015 getting delayed delivery dates? Dealer is trying to find out what delay is from factory as order was placed as soon as 2015 were announced.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just curious, why not buy one in Phoenix? There are 3 shops in Phoenix area and one in Tucson also. I saw several two tones at the Tucson Store the weekend before last.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just curious, why not buy one in Phoenix? There are 3 shops in Phoenix area and one in Tucson also. I saw several two tones at the Tucson Store the weekend before last.
With the devalued Canadian to US dollar the higher taxes in Phoenix and then the paper work and cost of importing when I come back to Canada I would be paying more than buying from the local dealer. Thought about doing that but just didn't seem worth the hassle and premium.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would be patient. There have been some issues with the new bikes and hopefully when you get yours, any changes will have been worked out by December.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still have my Victory to drive while I am down south and will pick up the Vintage when I return in the spring. Just recently drove the Vintage again at the local demo days to confirm that it will be worth the wait. Just wish mine would have come as scheduled. I am still waiting for the dealer to see if he found out anything from the factory regarding the delay in delivery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts