Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all. New to the forum with a 2020 Challenger Limited.
1. What's the metal stick in the USB port for? Memory stick? 32mb on it which is very small capability.

2. Looks like the coolant reservoir is under the seat somewhere? I ask because one of the mag reviewers said it's in the nose of the fairing. Not.

3. Clutch clicks when you shift. Normal or needs adjusting? It seems to be a .5mm.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure you are right Dr. Shifty. There's no mention of such in the owners manual. I just didn't know what the procedure is to update the Ride Command Sys.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
A USB stick comes with every bike. If you are wondering, you can order more off of Cheap Cycle Parts. I think I use mine for Ride Command and Map updates, as my music collection won't fit on a 32gb stick.

·
Registered
51 Posts
1. What's the metal stick in the USB port for? Memory stick? 32mb on it which is very small capability.

2. Looks like the coolant reservoir is under the seat somewhere? I ask because one of the mag reviewers said it's in the nose of the fairing. Not.

3. Clutch clicks when you shift. Normal or needs adjusting? It seems to be a .5mm.

1. On page 44 of the owner's manual, it talks about updating the ride command system and maps with a USB stick. Of course, any properly formatted USB stick will work. It just happens to come with one. You could put music on it and play it through the speakers as well. It's nothing special, just a USB stick.

3. The "click" you are hearing may be the microswitch for the clutch safety. Basically it won't let you start it in gear unless you have the clutch lever pulled in. Unless you are familiar with how to adjust a clutch I wouldn't mess with it. If it is adjusted wrong you'll burn the clutch up fairly quickly.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Try the clutch without shifting. Mine clicks from the shift not the clutch.....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the heads up on the clutch clicking. I thought of adjusting the clutch but it seems to be in spec so no use in taking a chance on that. Thanks for the good information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts