Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all....I just bought a Scout 60 Bobber, Slate Blue smoke. I've been doing research for a good 3 months now, but finally bit the bullet yesterday. I'll pick it up late next week or weekend, and it'll have to go in the garage for a few months. I'm in upstate NY, and it's still cold and snowy here. But that will give me time to do some of the mods I already have in mind. I know the exhaust will be first. It's definitely too quiet for me. I'll probably go with slip-ons for now. I like loud, but I don't want it to be obnoxious either. It's hard to tell from the videos how they actually sound in person, so I'll have to do my best guess and live with it for awhile. Anyway, if anyone has any advice on exhaust or anything else, please, share. I just wanted to say hello, and I hope to learn a lot from this group. John

·
Rider
1,040 Posts
Welcome from Michigan. Congrats on your new Bobber. Plenty of good info and knowledgeable forum members to help you out. Be sure to post pics when you get her home.

·
Registered
2017 Indian Scout Sixty
52 Posts
Hello to all....I just bought a Scout 60 Bobber, Slate Blue smoke. I've been doing research for a good 3 months now, but finally bit the bullet yesterday. I'll pick it up late next week or weekend, and it'll have to go in the garage for a few months. I'm in upstate NY, and it's still cold and snowy here. But that will give me time to do some of the mods I already have in mind. I know the exhaust will be first. It's definitely too quiet for me. I'll probably go with slip-ons for now. I like loud, but I don't want it to be obnoxious either. It's hard to tell from the videos how they actually sound in person, so I'll have to do my best guess and live with it for awhile. Anyway, if anyone has any advice on exhaust or anything else, please, share. I just wanted to say hello, and I hope to learn a lot from this group. John
Welcome from Pennsylvania! I bought my Scout Sixty used a few months ago. It already had the stock exhaust replaced with Vance and Hines twin slash cut slip-ons. It's definitely loud, but not obnoxiously loud. I'm running it with the quiet baffles.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would recommend the Vance and hines slip ons also. I've heard it and i don't think its ridiculously loud and sounds really good on the scout. I myself went with the full exhaust replacement and got the TBR 2 into 1 and love it. Congrats on the new bike and ride safe!

·
Registered
2017 Indian Scout Sixty
52 Posts
I would recommend the Vance and hines slip ons also. I've heard it and i don't think its ridiculously loud and sounds really good on the scout. I myself went with the full exhaust replacement and got the TBR 2 into 1 and love it. Congrats on the new bike and ride safe!

Here's a pic of the slash-cuts on my Sixty. I slid the heat shields forward just a bit so that a little bit of chrome would show at the rear end.

·
Silver member
4,589 Posts
Welcome from central NY, l'il north of Syracuse.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats and welcome! For the price of a 1 3/16 inch hole saw and an extension, you can drill out the baffles and cats in the stock exhaust for a nice deeper sound. I checked mine with an actual decibel meter and it shows about 83/84 dbs at idle from 5 feet behind it. Sounds worlds better without being too loud. I figured if it wasnt enough, it only set me back about 25 bucks and i still keep the tools.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome from Upstate NY - near Albany. V&H 3” slash tip slip ons on my Scout. Yup, loud but not obnoxiously so. Better throttle response as well. Hate how long the Winters are in these parts.
Happy modding!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you....I'm looking at a ton of different exhausts. I'm stuck between just going with the slip ons, or doing the complete exhaust. How loud are the TBR?? As I said, I want loud, but not rediculous, like straight pipes. And its so hard to tell from listening to a youtube video.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome from Upstate NY - near Albany. V&H 3” slash tip slip ons on my Scout. Yup, loud but not obnoxiously so. Better throttle response as well. Hate how long the Winters are in these parts.
Happy modding!
Hello, and thanks. Yeah, you're close....I'm just outside of Amsterdam. I'm sure I'll run into you sometime soon :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thank you....I'm looking at a ton of different exhausts. I'm stuck between just going with the slip ons, or doing the complete exhaust. How loud are the TBR?? As I said, I want loud, but not rediculous, like straight pipes. And its so hard to tell from listening to a youtube video.
Well from what I've been told by many, the TBR exhaust is fairly loud. I myself didnt think so at first but then again I normally need music, tv, etc. pretty loud to even hear anything so that may have something to do with it lol I can still hear cars and other things going on when I'm riding so its not deafening either.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well from what I've been told by many, the TBR exhaust is fairly loud. I myself didnt think so at first but then again I normally need music, tv, etc. pretty loud to even hear anything so that may have something to do with it lol I can still hear cars and other things going on when I'm riding so its not deafening either.
OK, fair enough. I know it's hard to describe, and everyone hears it differently. It's also hard to justify the price, I should just go with slip-ons for now. And I'm not usually one to cheap out, but have you ever heard of SharkRoad slip ons?? They look pretty cool, have removable baffles, and they're only 200 bucks a pair....Almost hard to resist just trying them. I was about to buy the RCX, they were 269 bucks for a pair, but magically overnight, they went to 341 bucks. I don't know why....... Anyway, I'll keep thinking, thanks again.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts