Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. my name is Tony and I am interested in the Indian motorcycle world, the new Scout is launched here in England today and in the next few weeks I will be visiting a dealer about 90 miles from here to test ride the Scout and maybe buy one, I already own a Triumph Bonneville America cruiser which I bought last year brand new and it has to date just 700 miles on the clock, it`s a great bike but I have this itch to own the Indian so if I like the test ride will see if the dealer will do a part exchange, I also have two classic Hondas, from 1980 one is a CX500 custom and the other a GL 400 wing custom which I have turned into a RAT, great ride and fun a real head turner, as you in the States have seen the Scout already I would be interested in any comments good or bad, I have relations in Oregon and visit from time to time so if any members in the Lebanon/ Albany area would get in touch maybe we could meet one day, thanks for reading this hope I have`nt bored you too much

Cheers Tony AKA Diggerdad

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Hello all. my name is Tony and I am interested in the Indian motorcycle world, the new Scout is launched here in England today and in the next few weeks I will be visiting a dealer about 90 miles from here to test ride the Scout and maybe buy one, I already own a Triumph Bonneville America cruiser which I bought last year brand new and it has to date just 700 miles on the clock, it`s a great bike but I have this itch to own the Indian so if I like the test ride will see if the dealer will do a part exchange, I also have two classic Hondas, from 1980 one is a CX500 custom and the other a GL 400 wing custom which I have turned into a RAT, great ride and fun a real head turner, as you in the States have seen the Scout already I would be interested in any comments good or bad, I have relations in Oregon and visit from time to time so if any members in the Lebanon/ Albany area would get in touch maybe we could meet one day, thanks for reading this hope I have`nt bored you too much

Welcome, post a pic of the rat bike and the Indian when you get one.

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Welcome Tony. Have you had an opportunity to look about in the Scout forum here? There's lots of info regrding the Scout there!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Welcome Tony. The new Scout certainly is a looker, huh? I have one and absolutely love it but as some of the other members have already posted, there's a ton of good info on this site relating to the Scout - the great majority is super positive.
There have been several other Indian riders from the UK posting on this site so you won't be completely alone over there - BUT the great thing is, you'll still have a VERY unique and great bike! :cool:

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,047 Posts
Howdy Tony,
The new Indian is fairly exploding across the civilized world, the main limit seeming to be how fast Polaris can build them. If you spend a little time here getting acquainted, I think that when you visit the States you'll find that you'll have numerous friends who'll be happy to see you. Welcome!
--- Randall

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Welcome Tony :) Where in England are you located?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome Tony :) Where in England are you located?
My location is in the south west of England namely Devon, I live in a small coastal town of Exmouth, plenty of small side roads to test out the Indian Scout here, we have a very short stretch of motorway and some dual carriageways to give `em a blast, thanks for the feedback on my first post I hope to be letting you know soon of my first scout, when I figure out how to post pics I will put some up of my other bikes but please don`t hold your breath,
Cheers Tony

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Excellent, Devon is a beautiful part of England. I was stationed at Mildenhall AB in East Anglia for 5 years. There are plenty of good winding roads to take the Scout out on for sure. Enjoy :)

Reactions: harry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent, Devon is a beautiful part of England. I was stationed at Mildenhall AB in East Anglia for 5 years. There are plenty of good winding roads to take the Scout out on for sure. Enjoy :)
I know Mildenhall quite well, my sister married an airman stationed there and I would visit and go on base from time to time, they moved around the states like you do in the military and ended up in Oregon where I still get to go from time to time, they have passed away now but their grown up children are there, I hope to go again next year and maybe get a few rides in on hired bikes

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I know Mildenhall quite well, my sister married an airman stationed there and I would visit and go on base from time to time, they moved around the states like you do in the military and ended up in Oregon where I still get to go from time to time, they have passed away now but their grown up children are there, I hope to go again next year and maybe get a few rides in on hired bikes
Hope you do too and if you can hire a bike there is some awesome countryside there in Oregon to enjoy.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

Welcome aboard. CX500 was my first bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts