Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster DH in White Smoke
127 Posts
To be honest to say donate these criminal machines is kinda like saying we should donate the guns used at the Uvalde Texas shooting to some "law abiding" good ol boy, because then they could be used for "good"
Quite an unjustified comment comparing these 2.

I do not think I would call a motorcycle a gun:rolleyes:. Also it is not the gun or the motorcycle that is responsible in the act. It is the individual. Punish the individual! What does the government do to these a-holes? Put them in jail for a night, take their drivers license and take the bike? They are back out on the streets the next day laughing and stealing another bike. The next thing will be that we should outlaw bikes completely and take them all away so this will not happen ever again. We will call it the "SAFE ACT II".

Just a poorly thought out action by the mayor!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Many of the bikes / wheelers were stolen, with serial numbers removed.
NY requires permits for use of State trails and seasonal roads. Much like stolen guns with altered/missing serial numbers, it’s cheaper and easier to destroy them.
Very few were legal street bikes. Even fewer had much value.
Still, it made me cringe to see the file footage when they aired it on the news.
I believe the crushing was done at a landfill - dozer is already in use on site. Recycling is also done right there.
Whoa wait a second...

Voice of reason to speak now

You mean to tell me, that with all of the science and engineering we have; nuclear power, energy beaming tech, we've actually created a warp field, we now can control plasma in magnetic fields.... We are unable to put new VIN numbers on two-wheeled modes of transportation that have internal combustion??? C'mon, lets get real here. It's a political and public stunt presented by a moron city. All of the resources that went into making those bikes, plus the electronics, batteries, fluids etc. If we don't know how to put new VIN numbers on vehicles via some sort of government program, this further solidifies my thoughts on the horrible direction society is going in.

Sorry, this is just absolutely dumb A/F. With all of this waste, I'll have to listen to politicians talk about natural resources, saving the planet, and all this other garbage. Infuriating...

·
Registered
134 Posts
To be honest to say donate these criminal machines is kinda like saying we should donate the guns used at the Uvalde Texas shooting to some "law abiding" good ol boy, because then they could be used for "good"
Hope you're joking because there's a difference between a gun and a motorcycle, the only similarity is that they both use combustion to achieve their goals... and if you're going to take that leap of logic, let's include lawn mowers, leaf blowers, cars, tractors, cranes (you get where I'm going) all as evil devices and go back to the stone age; I volunteer you first.

These are motorized forms of transportation that 'could' be given to citizens that may have no other way of getting around besides public transportation. With this sort of logic of 'killing' evil devices, I guess we shouldn't bother rehabilitating humans either? In fact I'd be more in favor of extinguishing the meat-sacks that rode these than the vehicles themselves.

These vehicles COULD be given to MSF courses across the country... so please don't feed me this line of 'stuff', what you're selling doesn't pass the sniff test!

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
This is your hard earn tax money at work.
All big governments are designed to work this way. What's a few million or billion mean to them? I'll give you a prime example and I'm sure this is peanuts compared to others. Back in the late 90's and early 2000's a friend of mine and I would buy surplus industrial equipment and resell it on ebay or other sites. We found about a auction selling surplus government equipment at a base near Baltimore MD. Our government was building a second plant to depose of mustard gas ammo. They had purchased every part required and the steel was up on the building when 911 happened. Then someone in the government decided they needed to speed up getting rid of the mustard gas. Sooo someone decided to run two shifts at the plant they already had :eek:. Now ain't that funny after spending billions then selling the equipment off for pennies on the dollar. But at least they didn't crush everything with a bull dozer.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Whoa wait a second...

Voice of reason to speak now

You mean to tell me, that with all of the science and engineering we have; nuclear power, energy beaming tech, we've actually created a warp field, we now can control plasma in magnetic fields.... We are unable to put new VIN numbers on two-wheeled modes of transportation that have internal combustion??? C'mon, lets get real here. It's a political and public stunt presented by a moron city. All of the resources that went into making those bikes, plus the electronics, batteries, fluids etc. If we don't know how to put new VIN numbers on vehicles via some sort of government program, this further solidifies my thoughts on the horrible direction society is going in.

Sorry, this is just absolutely dumb A/F. With all of this waste, I'll have to listen to politicians talk about natural resources, saving the planet, and all this other garbage. Infuriating...
Apparently you confused my explanation of what happened with my personal opinion of what “should have” happened. No one asked for my opinion, nor did I give it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's one way to help the economy going, crush them they will end up steeling new ones. let the criminals go to save the city money it's a win win. I wonder if they took all the gas, oil, antifreeze and batteries out or who going to pay for the toxic clean up.
Yes, they're drained first, and then recycled. It's not like they just ship a giant bag of garbage to New Jersey or whatever.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did not realize noisy dirt bikes was the number one problem facing New Yorkers. Must be why they are fleeing the city!
Noise is actually the number one 311 complaint, and it's not even close.

Also, it's possible to try and tackle more than one problem at once. Need some brain wrinkles for that I guess.

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster DH in White Smoke
127 Posts
Noise is actually the number one 311 complaint, and it's not even close.

Also, it's possible to try and tackle more than one problem at once. Need some brain wrinkles for that I guess.
Yeah, one of the reason why NY put the Sleep Act in place. I don't think you can buy performance exhaust in NY anymore.

The SLEEP Act enforces the decibel limits set by the state's Vehicle and Traffic law, which, caps the sound between 76 and 90 decibels, depending on speed and vehicle type

·
Registered
249 Posts
I consider, there were crimes that were committed by the folks who rode these vehicles - ATV and motorcycles. I recall reading about - Harlem dirt bike attack. For being politically correct, one cannot even accurately describe the attackers. Of course, the administration and police have opted to destroy the vehicles, rather than carrying out justice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think it's awesome. Those morons fly around city streets causing havoc. I'm in the city 5 days a week and between them and the electric scooter, bikes, and skateboards it's very a big problem.
I work with a guy who's brother works were they crush them. They are all drained of fluids and batteries removed. Some even have the engines removed wink wink.

·
Bronze member
3,379 Posts
Probably not worth the hassle of trying to sell them to make it profitable. You’d have to research ownership, create new titles, pay an auction company, etc. I’m sure some are stolen, so if they were insured, the insurance company would own them and they’re not interested in getting them back. Some probably have obliterated serial numbers, etc.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts